cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor show by BT and PN. A lack of communication

jaseace1978
Grafter

Poor show by BT and PN. A lack of communication

My Fobre BB went off last Friday, the DSL light on the openreach box went off. I rang PN on Saturday to report the issue, I was asked to do some tests such as plugging into the test socket etc, it was diagnosed that the problem was with the telephone line and PN said that they could hear some crackling on the line. I told them that this was normal as we were using cordless phones and we had no issues with the phone line so I was very doubtful that it was the correct diagnosis but what would I know. Anyway a BT engineer came out on Wednesday, he said that the only inof they got from PN were 5 words (problem with the phone line) and nothing else so he checked the line and confirmed that there were no issues at all and he said that as he was a telephone engineer and didn't deal with BB there was nothing more he could do as he had come out on the basis of what PN had said. On speaking to his colleague by phone who was a BB engineer he said that it sounded like the Netgear modem so I rang PN and told them and they said they were going to send out a new modem, however I then rang back and said I didn't believe it was the Netgear modem as all of the lights were on as they should be and I didn't want that to arrive only for the same fault so I asked for another engineer to attend and when further tests were carried out by Plusnet I was told that yes the fault is showing on the openreach router and I asked why this wasn't flagged up initially to be told that the test carried out were only for the phone line and not BB as that was what they thought it was. Great!! An engineer was booked for AM nextday (Thursday) but no one turned up. I rang PN to query this and was told that they couldn't chase engineers up, I told them I need to go to work and they said that they would find out what had happened.Apparently the issue was between Openreach and their contractors which was no consolation to me. Half a day off work wasted. Funny had I missed the appointment I'd have been liable for a £60 charge by BT. Anyway another engineer was booked for today (Friday) thankfully he did turn up and it was indeed the Open reach box which was at fault, this was changed and BB is working.
I emailed PN support to say that it wasn't good enough the issues I had and they are going to refund £4 to me which is for the week without BB. That I would have expected anyway to be done because during that time I've been paying for a service I havent had. What about the rest of the issues? Is that really good enough?? The bottom line is the wrong fault was diagnosed and everything was focussed on the phone line rather than the openreach box with the DSL light which wasn't working.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Poor show by BT and PN. A lack of communication

If you have lost out because of having to take a second day off work you should be able to claim for the loss you have incurred.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Poor show by BT and PN. A lack of communication

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that, though on checking the ticket it does seem that the issue was fixed with less than a week and you have been refunded for the downtime?
I hope the service is working now and will make sure to feed back on the issues you mention, please do post back here if there's anything at all we can help with.