cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service since December 2016 + Terrible support from Plusnet

ksarwar2013

Poor service since December 2016 + Terrible support from Plusnet

My plusnet broadband had slowed down to 10mb and sometimes less. This happened in DECEMBER 2016. To this day, it has only gotten worse. Now I get around around 10 - 11mb download (used to be 17 -18mb). But the biggest problem, is the UPLOAD speed. Which is: 0.00 or 0.01. That is wired or wireless. 4 new routers (which I bought) as plusnet would not supply me one. Unless I sign a new contract with them... Makes a lot of sense. Been waiting since December for them to fix. And they think I'll do such a stupid thing. And make a new contract. 4 bt engineers have been. First one actually, tried to tell plusnet he had fixed my problem. They even charged me £65. Which I later got refunded. Second engineer said that the master socket needed to be changed. He changed the master socket. And said to wait 3 hours, and would all be working again.... Third Engineer came. Wasn't sure what could be the problem. So decided to change the wires outside the house. That go to the master socket. Showed him that it still doesn't work. At least he admitted. That he was unsure why this would happen. Fourth engineer came. Looked and said it cant be anything inside the house. So he went to the exchange. Said he would call back...which he didnt. Then plusnet leave a message saying. openreach have said the line is working fine. So please dont update. And call will close after 14 days.
Calling them like you say is a nightmare. As you have to repeat the whole situation. Tell them that ive already bought 4 different routers. then be told every time to run speedtests. And then they can escalate. As it is a new person everytime. It just becomes a cycle. 
Submitted a claim form to the ADR scheme CISAS. Which deal with complaints against broadband providers. Usually if you are still waiting for, over 2 months. They will be able to get involved. 
Asked them why im still being billed. If they are not providing me the service, they promise. And about being compenstated. But they said they dont offer compenstation. Til the issue is fixed. That is why Im going through the ADR scheme. 
Have now done a btwholesale speedtest for them yesterday. Which says it cant run the test. And to get in touch with your provider. If this keeps happening. Have also given screens from other speedtest sites. 
If sent them this link: https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Slow-upload-speed-but-download-fine/td-p/419...

which is similar to mine. And says their problem was at the exchange. I heard something about plusnet upgrading their network last year. So dont know if this is anything to do with that. But at least they should check it out. Since they all seem clueless to the problem.
Was working fine, for about 3 years. Till last summer. Then I would randomly get outages every month. Till December came and got worse. A big problem for my family, is that everyone has limited data on their mobile phones. So they keep using up the data. And then cant use simple apps like Whatsapp and viber. Cant use PS4 console, as it need to sign in to allow the games to work. 
Now the day is soon over. And there has been no response from plusnet. Wont ever be recommending plusnet ever again. Too much stress with this provider.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Poor service since December 2016 + Terrible support from Plusnet

Hi there,

I'm disappointed to see that this has gone on for so long without resolution. Speed issues can sometimes take the longest to resolve but we apologise all the same.

Looking at the positive aspects of this, a lot has been ruled out already and I see that we've escalated the fault and arranged another engineer visit for you on the 12th.

I'm going to take ownership of updating you and progressing the next step of the fault investigation and will make sure we also arrange an appropriate good will gesture which is fair and proportionate to the duration of the problem, the reason we do this after the fault has been fixed is so we know exactly how long the issue has affected you and that allows us to calculate what's due correctly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ksarwar2013

5th Engineer came. Fix a fault in the line 6 metres from the house. Also turned up early, Which makes me think he went to the exchange first. As I checked the connection, just before he arrived. And it had started working. The fault 6 metres away was to improve the speed. So after around 5 months. What was I offered as compenstation...£15.65 UNBELIEVABLE 
Will wait to see what cisas say

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear the fault has been fixed.

With regards to compensation that matter is with our complaints team and they'll update you as soon as they can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ksarwar2013

[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
10:43am, Tuesday 16 May 2017
Dear Mr Sarwar,

Thank you for taking your time to get back to me,

I am sorry that you feel the offer that was made previous was not acceptable, after looking through the fault and the one previous which you had advised, this was left with yourself to get back to us should your issues remain, unfortunately we did not hear back and the fault ticket closed after 14 days of inactivity. If issues are ongoing we need responses so we can look further into problems otherwise we can only assume the connection is back up and working or our advice was taken and resolved the issues.

Through the fault I can see that the speeds have been testing well within the expectations for the line and have had numerous engineers, one of which changed the faceplate and advised that the issues could be wireless with the phones and gaming consoles, whilst others were unable to find a fault.

In this sense I have issued the refund as a good will gesture for the duration of this fault ticket, I offered a further 2 months free broadband onto your line at £9.99 each. I would request you please advise what you would consider a reasonable offer so we can look into this further for yourself.

Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: [removed]
Your Response
10:54am, Tuesday 16 May 2017
So that would explain a PS4 console and XBOX console not connecting to their networks through WIRED CONNECTION???
I have mentioned this countless time when I have called. It was not only a wireless problem. If someone would have actually checked all of the details. They would have noticed this. As all engineers were showed the wired connections. And they were clueless. Or made up some excuse. That it would take 3 hours, for all to be working. Which obviously was not the case. As nothing would happen. And it was just a way for them to leave. And then report false information. That they had fixed the issue. PLEASE CHECK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE ISSUE BEFORE RESPONDING. I assume you have call recording? check back on my phone calls. And you will see all this information has been given. Not my problem that no one there is bothered enough to check
Your Response
10:56am, Tuesday 16 May 2017
And its funny, how my issue was only taken seriously. 20 Minutes after posting on the community forum...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal email removed from a public forum.