cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality Internet connection

starchild
Grafter

Poor quality Internet connection

As of today I'm experiencing very poor quality Internet connection. Although a speed test shows good speeds, the quality of MS-Teams calls has gone really bad, my work VPN connection drops out and downloads regularly drop their speed to zero for a few seconds. This happens on any connected device. Devices are connected by wired Ethernet. There are no fault lights anywhere. I've rebooted my router and devices but the issue still persists.

I tried your broadband troubleshooter but I just get a message as follows:

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Can this please be investigated - or let me know how I can raise a trouble ticket.

1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Poor quality Internet connection

Hi @starchild, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. I can see the drops you've mentioned when looking over your connection from this side however we can't see any underlying faults behind the drops happening. In which case then, I can see your fault has been progressed and is currently requiring your attention.
If you could please comment back on the ticket which can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218412437

Feel free to give us a nudge on here after doing so and we'll happily look to progress this further for you.