Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance with Zoom

bpascua
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Poor performance with Zoom

Hello,

Its Friday the 10th at 10-50am and I am once again on a Zoom that keeps breaking up. Can someone check my connection please?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Poor performance with Zoom

Hi @bpascua,

The connection seems very stable, with the only drop recently seeming to relate to an target SNR reset that Joe put through in response to your previous thread.

Do you experience any problems with any other websites/services or is this specific to voip services?

Do you have anything else uploading/downloading at the same time as trying to make voip calls?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bpascua
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hello,

Nothing else uploading or downloading. But I get this with Zoom or Webex and I wondered if the router is getting overloaded or something like that? are there any tuneables that may need setting....

thanks

Brian

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @bpascua.

We're not seeing anything obviously wrong with the line and so we'd like for you to access your test socket to see if anything improves.

This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Once in the socket we'd ask you to keep an eye on the connection over the next 24 hours so that we can see if anything changes.

Please let us know how you get on.