Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor latency-help

TerryCTR
Grafter

Re: Poor latency-help

Jojo,
Did you make the changes to my account over the weekend as I never got any notification to say you did.
I am hoping you didnt as I didnt see any improvement
Terry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TerryCTR,
Ok, looking at your line it would seem it's interleaved. I'll have that removed and see how much that improves.
Jojo Smiley
TerryCTR
Grafter

I think that's been on and off before Jojo but no harm trying.
I have a feeling it was first set to auto when I signed up and thats when it ran great
Thanks
Terry
TerryCTR
Grafter

I just played for 3 hours there and it wad pretty bad my connection kept jumping around from 3-4 bars making it worse than when it sits at 3.
I take it interleaving takes at least 24 hours to kick in so it couldn't be this causing it?
I'd also like to thank you Jojo for at least trying to help as it's now 10 days since the fault was escalated to the faults team and I've still had no reply from them-not the best to say the least.
Is there much point in me having the pro package for gaming if the ping is no different on the middle package and plusnet can't get my connection back to what it was like in the beginning?
Thanks
Terry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Terry,
I've just ran a line test and it looks like interleaving is still on. I'll look into that for you.
Jojo Smiley
TerryCTR
Grafter

Thanks Jojo,
It was jumping from 3-4 bars quite a bit last night, hopefully this can keep it at the 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TerryCTR,
Having a bit of trouble placing the order, just letting you know I'm still on it. I'll let you know once it's been placed successfully.
Jojo Smiley
TerryCTR
Grafter

Ok that's not a problem I'll keep a look out for it going off
Thanks
Terry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Terry,
There's been an issue with the ordering system whereby a new order can't be placed because an old one is stuck in limbo, so I've had to call BT systems helpdesk  and get them to escalate it so that it can be removed before I can place a new order. I'm sorry for the delay with this but just wanted to assure you I am chasing it for a resolution as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience with this.
Jojo Smiley
TerryCTR
Grafter

Ok thanks for the update
Does that mean it's never actually been off when I thought it was. I am hoping so as this could get the connection back to what it first ran at?
Thanks
Terry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI TerryCTR,
to be honest I can't see how long it's been on but it definitely is.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI TerryCTR,
Would it be possible for you to post your full routerstats?
Jojo Smiley
TerryCTR
Grafter

Sorry for sounding ignorant but what do you mean and how do I go about doing it and I will attempt to do it?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You haven't actually said what your router model is?
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php explains how to get line stats from most of the common routers. It's the line attenuation, SNR (noise margin) and sync rates Jojo  Smiley is after.
TerryCTR
Grafter

I switched last week from a Netgear DGN1000 N150 (which was in use when the connection ran good) and I now have a Belkin N300 Model Number F7D2401 v1
I don't see it on the link you provided Peter, is there any other way to go about finding the stats?
Thanks
Terry