cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connectivity solved

katewoolley
Dabbler

Poor connectivity solved

Ditched the terrible router you provided, connected an Asus RTN66U and speed went up by a min 10 mbps (max now 80 as opposed to 50!!) and no drop outs in 24hrs.
When will you admit there is an issue with these!?
5 REPLIES 5
redsetter
Grafter

Re: Poor connectivity solved

Theres been a problem for a long time,I've one here that's not used in 14 months.it makes a high pitch tone,it runs to hot and people complain about the coverage.
as you say its best just change them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Kate,
Thanks for letting us know. Some more specific feedback would be really helpful to us.
Re the increase in speeds you've seen, is that over WiFi or ethernet?
@redsetter
I've not read through all of your posts but has that been sorted for you?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katewoolley
Dabbler

Those are over wifi on a network speed app on my Nokia Lumia as it keeps records! But it's the same story via the BT speed test site on the pc's.
We were having problems with loading pages, telling me sites were down (? google down I doubt it...) and not allowing more than 1 tab to load at a time. This was various times/browsers/OS and over a few months. Tried every suggestion by your help team, nothing worked, this was instant fix.
Kate
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot Kate,
I'm wondering if a replacement might have fixed that.
The issues you've mentioned don't sound like what I'd expect from a TG582n as standard.
No worries though and cheers for taking the time to get back to me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katewoolley
Dabbler

I tried but got nowhere via the ticket system. They kept sending me instructions to try something but couldn't tell me how to in Win 8.1... only win 7!
The router was only provided in Feb and so was the latest model, we read the reviews & asked a techie friend who suggested the Asus night & day difference between them.
Kate