cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Speed FTTC /IP Profile reset needed.

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Poor Speed FTTC /IP Profile reset needed.

So i reported a fault with my FTTC service 2 weeks ago because of poor speeds plusnet has done line tests but yet the speed is still so slow yet plusnet seem to think my slow speed is acceptable but it's not .Come on plusnet you are on the verge of losing a customer over this im paying for a service thats below the expected standards its taken two weeks and still not resolved not what id called good customer service.  Angry Angry
This was plusnets response via ticket.
Thank you for your patience.
I have run sufficient testing on your line and can see that all parameters look to be running correctly.
Firstly I can see the line has remained stable for the last week so this is encouraging. Secondly in terms of the speeds I can see that the synchronisation rate is normal for the length of your line. Your line is expected to achieve up to 63MB on the downstream and I can see it is currently running well within limits of this level with the speedtest showing 54MB on a 63MB profile.
21 REPLIES 21
quitescary
Dabbler

Re: Poor Speed FTTC /IP Profile reset needed.

Pretty much the same reply I had , maybe they just cut and paste the reply to everyone
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Bog standard generic reply leaves alot to be desired about there slogan we'll do you proud (Or maybe not)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@jamesanstee - Your Fault Ticket is back with our Faults Team at the moment and it will be investigated further.
@quitescary - As per my response to another thread you've commented on, your Fault Ticket will be replied to shortly.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Speeds are now slow pretty much 24/7 now still no response from plusnet in regards to finding a solution 2 weeks waiting for this to be resolved Im now giving plusnet 48hours to sort this otherwise i will be cancelling my direct debit instruction and calling for my MAC code  Angry Angry Angry
Please put in a request for the IP&DLM Profiles to be reset!
Speed Test at 13-44  today.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Trying to get through to customer services to get this issue is a joke 50mins on hold waiting for someone to answer i just gave up broadband useless customer service just as useless 2 weeks you have had to sort this im now drafting a letter to ofcom as this is getting beyond the joke and to add insult to it plusnet think my slow speeds are acceptable well they are not !
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried a PPPoE connection to the modem?
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Have already tried that PPPoE connection thats when i posted the latest speed test result earlier today HomeHUB 5 Gave the same results which plusnet deem acceptable .
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Once an update is available, our Faults Team will get in touch with you, if you need to add any really important notes to your Fault Ticket, this can be done online.
I can see you've got an engineer booked in and scheduled to attend on Monday, so fingers crossed for resolution.
I appreciate the call wait times are high at the moment, we're continuing to try and get these down, but unfortunately, it's not something that can be done instantaneously.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Can plusnet confirm that the engineer appointment is still booked for today between 1pm & 6pm .
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can confirm that an engineer is scheduled to visit this afternoon between 8am-1pm.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

If the engineer is booked for 8am-1pm then he has failed his appointment time as i was told the appointment was booked for 1pm-6pm ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry that was my mistake, I meant 1pm-6pm.
Lips_are_sealed
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Would it be possible to have my line speed adjusted to match the new ip profile  engineer has just left after completing a full line reset .
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
54.5 Mbps

0 Mbps 68.19 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 54.5 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-68.19 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 68.19 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
13.46 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.46Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been updated for you.