cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor FTTC Cab17 MK36JN

markeagles1973
Grafter

Poor FTTC Cab17 MK36JN

Lately my fiber has dropped performance to the point of having to reboot the openreach modem (one on wall) this happens from around 3pm daily , looking on dslchecker.bt.com
FTTC Range A (Clean)	55.5	39.9	14.2	8.6	--	Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 48 24.9 14.2 6.8 -- Available

My morning throughput is around 30mb and my evening results differ from 6mb to 20mb , seems to be a little problem here , could someone please have a look into this as i never had this problem before my switch from BT FTTC product. Maybe im being slowed down in the evening i dont know but having to reboot modem once trice a night just to browse a little
Regards
Mark
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Poor FTTC Cab17 MK36JN

You're in Bletchley?
That's interesting as a few FTTP users (different product) have been having similar issues around that area lately - they are with BT Infinity who haveb't even acknowledged it's a problem yet.
markeagles1973
Grafter

Seems noone is answering my call for help.
I was with BT Infinity  before PN no problems with them thou , this has only been recently , but having to pull power on modem to regain access is appauling
Can a PN staff not
AndyH
Grafter

Firstly, you need to raise a fault ticket with PlusNet via http://faults.plus.net/
Can you run the BT Speed Tester http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and then the Further Diagnostics test and post your IP Profiles?
It would also be useful if you could run some speedtest.net tests during the day when things are fine and then in the evening when you see the speed slow downs. It saves your results so you can do a screenshot of them.
markeagles1973
Grafter

Ill do the speed test , i have run the bt speed test but it returns an error after the first down/up test , it cannot retrieve my info from server to get my ip profiles.
AndyH
Grafter

That's strange - I and a couple of other people in MK have the same problem.
Get the ticket raised and the PN guys will be able to look at whether it is an exchange congestion issue. I'll ask the MKBAG (Milton Keynes Broadband Action Group) members whether anyone else in Bletchley is having the same problem. The more users/ISPs we can identify with the problem, the easier it is for PN to tell BT it's an exchange problem.