cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Broadband Speeds - No Upload Stream?

daibh
Dabbler

Poor Broadband Speeds - No Upload Stream?

After a year of virtually no problems with Plusnet, I'm sad to say I find myself back on the forums with a Web Browsing issue. Download speed appears to be fine, but getting next to nothing on my upload stream, which is making general day to day browsing/Facebook usage virtually impossible.
I don't understand how something so fundamental to the Plusnet user's broadband experience can be faulty and not have been repaired already. I know the upload speed is normally much lower than the DL speed, but seriously, 0.10?
I'm posting two speedtest results and my DSL info in the vain hope that someone more technically minded than I can see what's going on...

6 REPLIES 6
daibh
Dabbler

Re: Poor Broadband Speeds - No Upload Stream?

Even this post took a ridiculous time to post...
daibh
Dabbler

I've just noticed in another post about someone getting their upstream uncapped. I am on an ADSL2+ line too. Can I request to have mine uncapped? It seems to be the case that my download speed is fine, but my upload speed is slow, and I would like to be able to get upload speeds of 1mb, like the other poster seems to have been able to after being uncapped.
Thanks in advance.
daibh
Dabbler

I've raised a ticket to ask for my upload speed to be uncapped, but if any of the mods can sort it faster, I'd appreciate it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That isn't your problem
Are you sure that you don't have any P2P running in the background
Can you install Networx and see what it reports for upload in normal browsing
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
We've placed an order to uncap your upload and this will complete on Monday. Your connection is currently showing that your upload speed is fine.
It would be good if as Oldjim mentioned you could find out if anything else is affecting this.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

What model of router, and are you using a wireless connection to it? There was an issue with poor wireless upload speeds with the 585v8.