cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokerstars

adamgrilli

Pokerstars

Hi there

Has the problem with pokerstars been fixed yet? I can't access the site from any of my devices on plusnet.  If I tether through my mobile on o2 my laptop and tablet will connect so it's not a hardware issue.

I've also just asked my neighbor if I can connect to her router.  She's with bt and as soon as I connect it works fine on all of my devices so it's clearly a plusnet issue.

I've seen a number of people asking about this over the years so surely there must be a fix by now.

Can anyone help as I feel bad using someone else's broadband

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
mdevuk

Re: Pokerstars

I have the same issue...

One other note: I type in pokerstars.uk  and get redirected to pokerstars.com.  my friend gets the opposite.  Goes in via pokerstars.com and gets redirected to pokerstars.uk

I can get to website just fine via TOR browser, but not a private window. 

Maybe some sort of DNS resolution issue?  Can access fine from phone/tablet on mobile network

adamgrilli

I can't believe it's a difficult thing to do but have come to the conclusion that plusnet are awful.

They're not that fast, the don't supply a booster or access point so I can only use the internet in one room and the light on the router is so bright (even if you set it to low) that we've had to put something in front of it which probably makes the wifi range even worse!

If they can't boost the signal or give you the option to turn off a light, there's no chance that they'll be able to make a change to their dns.

I'm going to go back to sky as soon as my contract is over.

Good luck to you though.

Roggers

I also have a similar problem. I cannot connect to any pokerstars site from Edge, IE11, Chrome or Firefox on my laptop but if i tether to my mobile, i can connect ok. I have tried flushing dns etc but it still wont connect

Thanks

Roggers

I have also tried it on two different Windows 10 Laptops with the same results