cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet view of line status when DSL but no IP connection

machare
Rising Star

Plusnet view of line status when DSL but no IP connection

Can Plusnet tell if there is a dsl connection working between the DSLAM at an exchange and a CPE (typically a router) but no IP connection?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet view of line status when DSL but no IP connection

We can tell if the line is synchronised between the router and exchange/cab and also whether there is authentication on the top.

Testing your line is showing that it's synced, but not authenticated. Have you logged in to the router and checked what username/password is showing for the connection details?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
machare
Rising Star

Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  I have not touched the router. If you could stop and restart the connection there might be a chance that it would try and authenticate properly.  I thought perhaps I had had a hardware failure, but that does not appear to be the case.

Chris
Legend

All we can do is kick you offline, which would have the same effect as a single reboot of the router.

Can you log in to the router and see whether it has the correct connection details.

To do this:
- Open a web browser
- Go to 192.168.1.254
- Log in to the router if prompted (the username and password are printed on the router)
- Go to the broadband or connection settings

The settings should match https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
machare
Rising Star

@Chris wrote:

All we can do is kick you offline, which would have the same effect as a single reboot of the router.

Can you log in to the router and see whether it has the correct connection details.

No, I can not access the router. If I could have done, I would have done.

That is why I am asking you to try something as I would like to get it going if possible. A couple of weeks ago it kept loosing the connection and then reconnecting. I don't know why. It was then OK for a while. 

Chris
Legend

I can see one of my colleagues performed a session kill, which kicks any connections, last night. If you're still having issues and have been through troubleshooting I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

machare
Rising Star

Thank you for looking. I suspect a problem with the router but I can't change it at the moment. It is supposed to reboot itself every so often, so I am hoping it might recover sometime.  

machare
Rising Star

The router I am using is a Post Office  ZyXEL AMG1302-T10B which is one of those susceptible to the Mirai virus. I wonder if that is what the problem is? 😞 

I also have a Plusnet TG582N. Can the ADSL version also be infected by this virus?