cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ Plusnet staff members

PGRGrandad
Grafter

@ Plusnet staff members

Hi, I have had an ongoing problem with my BT phone line which has finally been fixed after many visits and two and a half holes being dug, i was suffering a lot of noise  and crossed lines, which caused my connection to drop occasionally and also lowered my internet speed.
Now I have been given the all clear from BT is it possible to reset the SNR or whatever magic you guys do to bring my speed up a bit, the engineer said the changes he had made to some ancient connections etc should see a significant increase, which would be very nice.
To be fair the engineer said it should increase on it's own over the next few days, but any help to ensure this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help.
Regards
Pete  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: @ Plusnet staff members

Hi there,
Assuming what they've done has resolved the fault, speeds should increase automatically, I've just submitted an SNR reset for you though which should complete within the next few hours.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Thanks for that Adam, you will see a problem question outstanding as my connection dropped just after you reset the SNR, so I assumed (wrongly) it was connected to that, I spoke to a very helpful young man on support who went out of his way to help me, then my phone went on the blink and died, fortunately Plusnet hadn't deserted me and the young man, whos name escapes me, called me back.
In desperation I switched the filter from the one BT had given me as new and refitted my old filter and everything was restored to normal. If it hadn't been for the fact it was supposed to be new I would have checked the filter first, so a lesson learned!
If you would be kind enough to pass on my gratitude to the young man for his patience and helpfulness, top class service!
Pete
Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Pete,
If you would be kind enough to pass on my gratitude to the young man for his patience and helpfulness, top class service

Certainly, that's really good customer service, impressed Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team