Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet speed lower than BT

Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: Plusnet speed lower than BT

Hi,
Yes this was one of the changes I made as well as increasing the downstream SNR to 6db from 3db in hope to reduce the errors you are getting and resolve the issues.
The good news is your HEC errors have cleared but the your mean time between errors is still high. I think at this point it would be best to raise a fault and get the line fully investigated. You can raise a fault through the link below:
http://faults.plus.net
Sigint
Dabbler

Ok. I've raised a fault.
I see that DSL noise margins are now: 10.70 dB upstream, 6.20 dB downstream
Wrighty11
Grafter

Glad to hear you have raised it. I'm confident the faults team should be able to get this matter sorted out for you.
dick:quote
Sigint
Dabbler

That's about 48 hours since the fault (#105902016) was raised. Should I have expected an update by now?
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hi Sigint,
Our faults team do try and get back in touch in 24 hours but sometimes it can take up to 72.
If its any longer than this let us know.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Wrighty11
but the your mean time between errors is still high.

I hope you meant either the error rate was still high, or the mean time between errors was low. Mean time between errors being high is, of course, good.
Wrighty11
Grafter

Dont worry ejs.
When im saying high errors i mean that the mean time between errors is low Wink
Sigint
Dabbler

Well that's 72 hours since I raised the fault (#105902016) and no update since it was raised....
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hey Sigint,
Apologies for the delay. I've had a look and someone should be in touch with you by the end of the day regarding the matter. Even though its passed the 72 hour mark it should be looked into tonight.
Sigint
Dabbler

I got a reply thanks. They have stopped the DLM dropping the download SNR below 6 - presumably dropping to 3 was causing errors.
In fact I just had to unplug my router for a few minutes to reroute the power cable to stop me tripping over it and my download SNR has moved to 6.1. Anyway I'm back on Fastpath rather than interleaving.
They have said I should allow at least 72 hours and see if I'm still getting errors.
Sigint
Dabbler

Hmm...my connection was dropped and when it came back about 9am this morning  I've now been put back on to Interleaving.
Can you take a look at my line and let me know what's happening please as I thought these errors were resolved and I was back on FastPath?
thanks in advance
joclark
Grafter

Hi, when we reset a line, like in your case interleaving is automatically applied again. I can take it off again. However, you may have the same issues again with the disconnections and the drop in speeds.
Sigint
Dabbler

Hi - can you please switch me back to fastpath please so I can see if the errors have gone now that PN have made sure my download SNR doesn't drop below 6. Thanks.
joclark
Grafter

I will be happy to do that, however there is a cease on the line. Have you requested to switch providers?
Jo
Sigint
Dabbler

Hi - I have an order in to switch to BT Infinity - although I'm still well within my 14 day 'cancel without charge' window if I change my mind.
I want to see what speeds I get with PN on my current BB before I decide to go to BT Infinity (which is only a 12 month contract, rather than PN's 18 month commitment)
Thanks.