cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet service as good as ever... NOT!

slytuk
Grafter

Plusnet service as good as ever... NOT!

Joy, shocking speeds are here again. Saturday afternoon and usenet speeds of less than 5KBS off peak.
Disgusting plusnet, absolutely disgusting.
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet service as good as ever... NOT!

Unfortunately when the network is busier (as now) there will be slowdowns on less time sensitive traffic. We realise that  peak time on Broadband Premier is set between 4pm and midnight on any day, however the network has been busier outside of these hours over the past few months or so hence the updated peak times on the newer products. Unfortunately this will affect all accounts even though they are outside their peak times.
Apologies for the hassle,
slytuk
Grafter

I appreciate that but at less than 3kbps now, I feel that is WAY too far.
slytuk
Grafter

Sod it - Im leaving plusnet.
To expensive for too little a product.
I wont go into it but this is NOT what I purchased. All my referrals have already left due to poor service too. Wish I hadnt recommended it to them.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah... you've used over 17Gb peak time, so you'll be on management as per this page. I believe that throttles all usenet to 128kb/s.
This should reset after your billing date, though you could also switch to one of the BBYW accounts which would allow you to add extra peak time usage?
Hope that helps, sorry for the hassle.
slytuk
Grafter

Yep, which is fair enough, but 2-4pm is not during my peak time so I shouldnt be throttled to 128 at this time.
Can you check to see if throttling is done for me at "my" peak time or at the new 0800 time.
3kbps at 2pm (2 hours before my peak) is ridiculous.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: slytuk
Yep, which is fair enough, but 2-4pm is not during my peak time so I shouldnt be throttled to 128 at this time.

You misunderstand.
On your chosen product, throttling starts to kick in gradually so that you will be throttled to (at best) 256kbps at 13G+ and 128kbps at 17G+ and you are only allowed HTML when you exceed 20G.
There are other products which may be better suited to your usage patterns.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Zap
Grafter

ah does anyone remember the original Plusnet promises of unlimited downloads and the high speeds of days gone by.
Back to reality!