cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's Throttle Software

NICK123

Plusnet's Throttle Software

I'm on Broadband Your Way Option 2
Yesterday I started downloading some files from rapidshare just before 4pm and my connection was MAXED out, downloading at around 650 kB/sec. Just after 4pm it dropped to around 60 kB/sec - which is what it was suppose to drop too - seeing that it was 4pm and rapidshare is classed as a "Download Site". But at about 4.20pm, my download rate shot back up to 650 kB/Sec. It stayed like this for the rest of the files I was downloading, finished about 4.45pm.
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, was it just a one off.
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Plusnet's Throttle Software

P2P/Usenet & FTP is allocated a certain amount of bandwidth as a whole to be shared amongst all users. This bandwidth amount differs depending on your package and time of day and if there is spare capacity your speeds can actually improve as you have seen.
The limits are not hard and fast and can adjust to match the available capacity.
MickKi
Grafter

I like that!  Dynamically adjusting throttling to match available bandwidth.  Now, if I could also have unmetered downloads during the day time I would be delighted!  (BBYW Option 2)  Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You should have joined when the premier products were around, PlusNet are gonna have a hard time getting me to budge  Cheesy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Some nice graphs and explainations here.