cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet routers - general configuration questions

dsw
Grafter

Plusnet routers - general configuration questions

I'm trying to configure somebody's Plusnet router for them ready for when their connection becomes active this week. I thought I could do all the configuration beforehand - port forwarding and that - then it's just a case of them plugging it in. I've found however that I cannot get any further than the login form for the router. Each time I enter the details from the card/bottom of the router it just takes me back to the login.
All that is connected to the router is the mains power lead and a network lead. Is it not letting me login because it's not connected to the phone line yet? I'd not expect this to be an issue but I'm not entirely sure with this make/model of router.
Can anyone advise?
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet routers - how to login?

Are you talking about the login-screen to the router interface? If so it shouldn't need to be connected. What does the manual say the default login is?
If you are talking about the Broadband Connect screen, for want of a better description, have you managed to configure everything else ok?
The format for the Broadband login is usually <username>@plusdsl.net and the password is the same as that for the "My Account" login.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For the 585 and 582n it should be
Router Username Router Password
admin               Serial Number
dsw
Grafter

I've managed to get in to the router now, it just took a while. It obviously needs a bit of time (~10 minutes) to get itself together and accept a login.
Can anyone advise on whether it's possible to change the DHCP scope? Normally I start the DHCP allocation from 192.126.1.11 and then I use 192.168.1.1 through to 192.168.1.10 for devices which have static IP addresses configured. I can't see a way to do this though with the Technicolor.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet routers - general configuration questions

I expect the router is configured for easy start so would have set itself up to connect to Plusnet and the Internet. The 10 minutes you had to wait for access might have been that set-up process timing out. That process might have caused any port forwarding settings to be lost, sorry, don't know whether it does.
Changing DHCP ranges should be possible, but isn't the default range satisfactory? That should be 192.168.1.64-253 leaving octets lower than 64 for static allocation. The Gateway address is 192.168.1.254,
David