cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet pro change issues

Anfield3000
Dabbler

Plusnet pro change issues

Hi guys just wondering if any one could help me. I switched packages from Unlimited to Pro last week and since the day of the switch my dl speeds have dropped to 1meg tops. I sent a question to the support team and they said that my line connection has been dropping out because I turn my router off at night. But I have never had any issues before with the unlimited package which I was getting 8-9 meg dl speeds. Can any one help me?
I don't think I have posted this in the right place, so I am sorry if I haven't
18 REPLIES 18
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet pro change issues

Hi Anfield3000,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, you have posted it in the right place. I will take a look for you now and see what I can find out.
Jojo Smiley
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Thanks alot
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Anfield3000,
You are currently on ADSL1 on 21cn so I'm not sure how you would have had 8-9Mbps, as your maximum sync rate with interleaving is 7616k. However.. the thing is, I could move you onto ADSL2+ which could potentially double your speed. You have a solid line so I reckon you'd be on to a winner. In reply to your original question there wouldn't be any change in speed from unlimited to pro. Your current profile is 6500k so I'm surprised that you're only getting 1Mbps.
Jojo Smiley
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Hi thanks, I didnt expect a reply that quick :D. Could you change it please, that would be awesome. On unlimited I usually had a constant dl of 6ish, but one time I had a 9meg dl, probably the speed test I was using. How long would the change take to switch over. And does switching my router off at night time effect my connection because thats what I got told that was the likely problem with the speed, but it has been slow since the switch.
Thanks again
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Anfield3000,
Yes, I can do that for you. It probably was an odd speed test result that gave you 9Mbps. We do recommend leaving your router on 24/7 for best stability. I can't remember the last time I switched mine off. I'll let you know once I've placed the order.
Jojo Smiley
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Ok thanks again. Great help
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Anfield3000,
I'm having some trouble placing the order at the moment. I will update you as soon as I know more.
Jojo Smiley
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Thanks. Do you think their could be a fault at the exchange which has caused my speeds to be slow since my product change. Thanks again for upgrading me.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Anfield3000,
I'm not sure about what could be causing that issue. Have a look here for some help. I have now submitted the order. This should complete tomorrow.
Jojo Smiley
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Hi thanks for upgrading me to adsl2+
But the problem is that my speeds have been really slow since I changed my package to Plusnet Pro usually between 1-2 meg. Before the change I was getting good speeds of between 5-6meg.
My router stats look good and show the change to adsl2+ but my speeds are slow since the product change, I have done all the recommended checks and there is no difference. Thanks again for the quick upgrade but could take another look at my line please and see if there is anything odd. Thanks
The last few disconnections have been because I reset my router
Anfield3000
Dabbler

Latest BT test results.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Anfield3000,
That's very strange. Have a look here for some advice and let me know how you get on with that.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate say for your current line speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)