cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet premium trafic shaping

Addnan
Grafter

Plusnet premium trafic shaping

Is it still the same as the unlimited if not and it is better can I be moved to it.
Can someone also take a look at a ticket I raised over payment.
Thank you, addnan
13 REPLIES 13
Addnan
Grafter

Re: Plusnet premium trafic shaping

I have just checked and it does look better than unlimited. Will it possible for me to move to this at the start of next month. Pay £11.99 for two months then £15.99 since I am in Market 3.
James
Grafter

Sure - Click on the account change button and it can be done.
I'll arrange for the discount to be applied after you have been moved over.
Addnan
Grafter

Thanks i'll do that as soon as I get home.
Addnan
Grafter

Before I change from unlimited to premium, can someone give me some advantages and disadvantages to it please. I like the fact that it is line speed on gaming all day that is the biggest plus for me. Can I see a comparison of the two please.
Thank you.
scootie
Grafter

Is it still the same as the unlimited if not and it is better can I be moved to it.

preminum comes with a 80gb usage limit with free midnight to 8am usage.
the traffic shaping is all so better at some times of the day
unlimited speed rates http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/unlimited-experience.shtml
preminum speed rates http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml#premiumspeeds
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Heh. ASBO beat me to it. Unfortunately they're not on the same page, but those are the different times and line rates on the various protocols.
psross
Dabbler

I'd be interested to know what the definition of Other is on the Premier download speeds table. Does this mean that everything that isn't recognized by Plusnet gets limited to 256Kbps between 6pm and 10pm (for example, including things like games Plusnet don't yet have signatures for)?
Thanks,
Phil
Addnan
Grafter

I think I will stick with what I have for now. During peak time 6-10pm the speeds are still slow, but gaming is obviously on line speed. So I am wondering whether this will help my PS3, because at the moment I can not play online with it during this time period.
Vip3r
Grafter

Hi Phil, as there is no definition of Other then it could apply to other things such as WEB and Email, that would be bad.
Either way Plusnet need to change that page to make it more obvious what it is they mean by other, as it stands it looks dodgy!
scootie
Grafter

to me it means web, streaming ect but your right that needs clearing up. you click other and it just takes you to the list at the bottom which has no bearing on the class.
the 2mb down cap on gaming is 24/7 on unlimited so if your having issues only at peak time it shouldnt be the rate limit. i am on unlimited an xbox is fine
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
Other is stuff that isn't recognised. Shouldn't be web as that would be in http, more likely to be new applications that don't have sigs yet.
scootie
Grafter

so unidentified packets on preminum account go into the gold line speed queue now?
nope looking at the prioity table other is classed as sliver which isnt line speed  Undecided http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/traffic_prioritisation.shtml
James
Grafter

It is when the network is quiet.
Line speed refers to the rate limit.