Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet overcharging

Mand
Grafter

Re: Plusnet overcharging

Hi,
Just to add to James' post above, as I said in your ticket I have raised a problem internally on this.
This means that our QA team will investigate and determine the cause of the overcharging. We will then investigate and see if any other customers are affected.
This is standard procedure when a customer raises an issue with their account, and I assure you we will resolve this as we have on the few occasions that problems have occurred previously.
nadger
Rising Star

Certainly my paid for usage shows 0Kb whereas I know I used nearly 7Gb of my 8Gb allowance.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: madjbright
If you look at the Paid-for usage is shows 0KB. Unless your route was switched off for the whole of the month during peak time this cannot be possible. Therefore there is a problem there. Others have reported that the paid for usage for last month is showing 0KB which they know to be wrong. Therefore the problem may be that the usage shown is incorrect rather than the amount charged.

This is how I'm inclined to think. Problem 48463 is currently open as we've multiple examples of customers whose VMBU is incorrectly reported as 0KB for peak periods of the day.
It may well be that the charges are completely justified but the usage reporting is wrong. Failing that, the problem Mand has opened will uncover any other weirdness.
Either way it's trivial as we'll be refunding the overcharged amount anyway.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Therefore the problem may be that the usage shown is incorrect rather than the amount charged.
This is how I'm inclined to think. Problem 48463 is currently open as we've multiple examples of customers whose VMBU is incorrectly reported as 0KB for peak periods of the day.
It may well be that the charges are completely justified but the usage reporting is wrong. Failing that, the problem Mand has opened will uncover any other weirdness.
Either way it's trivial as we'll be refunding the overcharged amount anyway

trivial
But I have always trusted Plusnet usage meter, do we now have to check our usage and if so how often weekly daily hourly?
Puddy