Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet outage

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet outage

@ zarntwoop - have you tried the PPP connection direct to the modem with your own user details instead of the test one?
What is the error message you get if it doesn't connect?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Sure it's not just a disconnection Tijara?

Hi Kelly. No, everything was solid green at this end, just no internet connection. Eventually I had to recycle my router to regain a connection. My connection just stopped working, all on it's own.
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There doesn't seem to have been a drop on PCL-BNG02 looking on the box itself.
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
AndyH
Grafter

@ mantis - Try leaving your router off for 30 mins and then try again. I think you need to wait for the L2TP tunnel with the BRAS to time out/drop so you can connect.
mantis
Dabbler

@AndyH  I just managed to get through to somebody in technical support (on the phone for 80 mins) and he is going to try and release the session that I appear to be stuck with and call me back before I try powering down for 65 mins.  Funny how once you speak to someone you stop wanting to shout. He was really polite and helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Jaggies
zarnywoop has done all that, it's in his first post on this thread IIRC.
Anotherone
Champion

Looking at the total numbers on the Collated Users Graph there doesn't seem to be any large drop. I suspect that there are still small groups of users who can't get back on or who have lost connection and are here posting.
wildbill

Are the problems really considered to be sorted now? My connection's still dropping every 20 minutes or so. I've been logging into my router and manually reconnecting which sometimes works but not every time. I've taken the advice on this thread to turn the router off for half an hour which hasn't fixed it unfortunately. I'm really not keen on spending an hour on hold to support but have raised a ticket which has received no response yet.
I use a TP-Link TD-W8970 which has been working perfectly up until these network issues. I get the error message "ppp1 lcd down" in the logs. If need be I'll bite the bullet and phone support but if anyone has any advice it'd be much appreciated.
Justin7
Grafter

I don't really know if the widespread problems are resolved.
I was disconnected yesterday for the afternoon and to get back on it took me logging into router and disconnecting. Then power off for at least half hour then powered on. It took a couple of reboots like this once the problem was solved at Plusnet.  I didn't disconnect the fibre modem in all this. My connection appears to have been ok since.  Hope that helps.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: wildbill
Are the problems really considered to be sorted now? My connection's still dropping every 20 minutes or so. I've been logging into my router and manually reconnecting which sometimes works but not every time. I've taken the advice on this thread to turn the router off for half an hour which hasn't fixed it unfortunately. I'm really not keen on spending an hour on hold to support but have raised a ticket which has received no response yet.
I use a TP-Link TD-W8970 which has been working perfectly up until these network issues. I get the error message "ppp1 lcd down" in the logs. If need be I'll bite the bullet and phone support but if anyone has any advice it'd be much appreciated.

That doesn't sound related to the outage, more like a fault.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion

@Justin7
That sounds about the right sort of thing to do with the router on Fibre. Wise not to touch the modem.
Justin7
Grafter

Yeah,  thanks.  Once I figured it was a Plusnet related issue by seeing the responses on this forum I thought it was best not to risk messing up my stable fttc connection so left the BT modem alone!
Anotherone
Champion

@Kelly
It seems like most of the remaining problems could be related to stale sessions not dying? Would that be right and why aren't they dying?
Anotherone
Champion

Justin7,  Kelly said it was their end but there is evidence around the net that some other services were affected so I think it's all as clear as mud.
Justin7
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Justin7,  Kelly said it was their end but there is evidence around the net that some other services were affected so I think it's all as clear as mud.

That's interesting, but must make it difficult to diagnose. Hope they can figure it out so it doesn't reoccur.  Plusnet are usually transparent with things so hopefully they'll post here with their findings next week when their techs have had a chance to look into it properly.