Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet not working with bt hub 4.0 type b

FIXED
Shaan
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Plusnet not working with bt hub 4.0 type b

Right so I followed this tutorial https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/td-p/1192202
But even after I put in the correct account details and it says changes applied the broadband light on the router has been orange and I have wait until after midnight. Smart setup has also been disabled.
Any tips on how to solve this?
8 REPLIES 8
stevielew

Re: Plusnet not working with bt hub 4.0 type b

Hi,

Could I check the basics?

For a Type 4 BT hub, you need to connect to an OpenReach Modem and the modem then connects into your wall socket. Is this the configuration that you have? What lights do you have on the OpenReach modem?

Shaan
Hooked

I thought you only needed an open reach modem for fibre.
Shaan
Hooked

I have the only have the normal open reach thing that's connected into the wall.
stevielew

Apologies, I had incorrectly assumed that you were talking about fibre. You are right that for ADSL, the HomeHub4 should connect directly from the DSL port. It may be worth trying a factory reset on the HomeHub4 if all else fails (holding the reset button with a paper clip for 20 seconds whist the device is powred on).

Shaan
Hooked

I've already tried that should I just retry
Shaan
Hooked

Fix
Right so it turns out if any of you guys have this situation that you just have to wait up to 24 hours before the wifi works I guess because BT have to confirm it or something.
stevielew

Sounds like you have tried all the usual things withthe HomeHub. Are you affectd by any of the Plusnet/BT scheduled maintenance works? It may be coincidence that you swapped aat the same time that they planned an outage.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial

Do you have the Plusnet supplied modem/router that you could plug back in to check the line?

stevielew