Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet not mentioned

Jessica
Grafter

Plusnet not mentioned

Plusnet not mentioned..
I’ve just been reading a magazine called ‘Total PC Gaming’ - Issue 8.  On page 85 there’s a directory of ISPs that are recommended by the magazine for online gaming.  Why isn’t Plusnet mentioned?
I can’t believe that Pipex and Tiscali are mentioned and Plusnet has been omitted.  If you’re an ex-Pipex or Tiscali customer you’ll know how funny that is.
Do these companies have to pay the magazine to get a mention?
I just thought it was odd…

Jessica

3 REPLIES 3
IanM
Grafter

Re: Plusnet not mentioned

I worked in games development for quite a few years and quite honestly I would take most reviews & recommendations with a pinch of salt. There is a certain amount of horse trading that gets tied in with advertising & exclusives - don't take that to mean there is a widespread deception going on, magazines aren't likely to be blatently lying in public! but it's always worth checking a variety of sources for recommendations, ideally by looking at different publishers magazines, websites & independent user experiences on forums.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I read Retro Gamer, and it is interesting to read what went on with games magazines back in the 8/16 bit era.
For example companies pulling advertising if their game didn't get a good review.
Somehow, I suspect it still goes on now. Roll_eyes
geewizz
Grafter

It still goes on but they will deny it if you ask them
... even if you use torture.