Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet line profile dynamics.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet line profile dynamics.

Quote from: nozzer
wouldn't it be wise to just tell everyone that there's a risk of a mis-match occurring and that hopefully it will be fixed fairly soon?

The thing is with fibre is that profile changes do take longer than ADSL. Also, although there are times when a profile doesn't get updated as it should, the majority of times we get asked to change it manually is because the customer has noticed their profile has changed before we've received the report, which would have happened in the normal manner. I don't think there's any issue to be concerned about, or we'd get inundated with calls.
As I'm sure you're aware with broadband/hardware/wiring/phone there's a multitude of things that can happen, and a risk of anything happening with them too. The only thing we know at the moment about profiles not updating is what has been discussed at length in the 88.2% thread, and the reasons for that are due to BT's bRAS Quantisation changes which will not impact our systems fully until the 12th December.
Jojo Smiley
bsanotrun
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
[ I don't think there's any issue to be concerned about, or we'd get inundated with calls.
Jojo Smiley

yesss but
I wonder how many of your customers even know where to look to find their "Line Speed" and how many then realise that when it is significantly different to the new wonderful 88.2% BT profile that is what their line is capped at for, your words "eventually".  
Possable reason for more people now asking for a line speed bump is like me, just read about it on the forum  
P.S forum support from you guys compared to my last isp is unbelievably better, keep up the good work.
Roll on the glories 12th,  Cheesy
Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=bsanotrun]P.S forum support from you gays compared to my last isp is unbelievably better, keep up the good work
Shocked