cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet line activation problems

ajs74
Dabbler

Plusnet line activation problems

So, following the problems on line activation day (the 22nd) which turned out to be a line fault that was then fixed by my existing supplier, I am still unable to connect to my Plusnet broadband service, I have no broadband at all!
I have been in touch with Plusnet on several occasions, last Saturday, they provided me with details of an IM conversation with BT Wholesale in which they confirmed that the order had been completed but they just had not closed the order and updated the system to allow Plusnet to then activate my account. It was confirmed that the issue had been raised with the back end team at BTW and that everything should be fine by COP Monday. So, Tuesday came and we were still unable to connect so contacted the helpline again. The chap said he would chase with BTW and that we should be up and running by the end of the day as it was a straightforward thing that needed to happen and that he would call us back before the end of his shift that night to confirm. Fastforward to Wednesday and we got a voicemail stating that they have raised it with BTW and that we would be up and running within another 48 hours!! We called the helpline to say that it was really not good enough and asked for this to be escalated with some priority/urgency due to the previous failed promises and the length of time we have been without broadband at all. They refused and stated there is nothing more they could do to expedite this. They confirmed the complaints procedure, so we duly completed that online via mobile Internet, 26 hours later and we have still not had any kind of acknowledgement of that or anything.
It seems that Plusnet do not care at all, they have made several promises that have not been fulfilled and do not seem to want to provide me with an acceptable level of customer service, let alone the actual service they are meant to be providing me.
Is there anyone within the company that actually give a damn and wants to get this pushed through so that I can connect to the Internet?? I believe that due to an initial line activation date of the 20/12 that was given and is still showing on the system despite being brought forward to the 22/11, BTW are not going to close off my order until then, hence why previous requests to close it off have seemingly gone unheard.
Please please please can someone pick this up and do something about it?? I've never known a migration order be so problematic and being left with an Internet connection for what is now 10 days is unacceptable.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet line activation problems

Hi there,
I can see that we've raised a bridge case with our suppliers in order to get the order properly closed off, unfortunately these can take some time though I assure you that we do care and are chasing it. I apologise for the delay and the frustration but would like to confirm that you're not currently being charged for the service and won't be until the account is set to active.
We'll make sure to keep you posted with the latest on here.
ajs74
Dabbler

Thanks for your response; yes we are aware we are not yet being charged for a broadband service but whatever mistakes have been made with this order have left us without broadband at all which is a major inconvenience. We were told exactly the same last Saturday as you have just said and were guaranteed to be up and running by close of play Monday, hence I'm sure you'll understand that I have no faith that this current escalation will yield any results. We have had 3 promises given so far, all of which have been broken and to be told we have to wait another 48 hours is unacceptable.
ajs74
Dabbler

Ok, so it's now been 48 hours since this bridging order was raised and despite being promised yet again that we would be connected, we are unsurprisingly still without a connection. So that's four failed promises. I'm not ringing to spend half a day on hold to then be told you have escalated this to BT Wholesale again and we'll be connected within 48 hours!!
So what next plusnet?? This will be our 11th day without an Internet connection! BT Wholesale have confirmed that the order has been completed but they just haven't closed off the order and updated their systems to allow you to formally activate us. Why has it taken over a week since this has been identified to carry out this quick and easy task. Surely you can contact them and stay on the line demanding they carry this out straight away, especially as we have been messed about so much????
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, it looks like the order's been completed now. Your account is active and I can see an active connection there, has been for the last 20 minutes or so?
Please let us know if that's not the case, and I'm sorry it took so long for the order to be closed as complete. Unfortunately that's usually caused by a system issue between departments with our suppliers so isn't really something we can influence apart from to chase the case on a regular basis which I assure you we've done.
I hope things pick up from here for you.
ajs74
Dabbler

Thanks for the response. Someone was really helpful and did what should have been done last week by just activating our account on the Plusnet side. BT wholesale just closed the bridge case without actioning it again, so the lady just said she would just manually activate the account and hey presto, I was connected. Just a shame that someone didn't take the initiative and do this earlier after BTW confirmed that the order had been completed, just not closed!
All connected now though and I have been promised some form of discount to my monthly fee to go some way to making up for the inconvenience, let's just hope this is the only problem we encounter!