cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - just what are you playing at?

grurs41

Plusnet - just what are you playing at?

Having recently "upgraded" my internet package from the fixed 60Gb/month to the now standard "unlimited" which came into effect on the 4th Jan, I have experienced a massive drop in quality of service since yesterday.
Connection speeds have more than halved and ping times and lost packes are horrific.  I operate VPN's and streaming audio services, so all of this makes a huge difference.
Since I am now paying LESS per month than I was paying previously AND get so called unlimited data, have you now routed the internet connection differently, so as to compromise the quality of connection?  I have not changed anything this end and find it very hard to believe its sheer co-incidence down to other factors such as the wider internet! Indeed, speeds took a large increase back earlier this year when BT upgraded cable/exchange equipment in my vicinity.  Now they are back below half of the old speeds I was typically getting. 
Could you please look into this ASAP otherwise I shall have to leave which would be a shame as on the whole, your service has been good over the last 4 years. 
Very angry.
Dan

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet - just what are you playing at?

have you now routed the internet connection differently, so as to compromise the quality of connection?

No, in fact we're currently taking steps to add additional capacity to our network.
Having performed some faults diagnostics I can see the line is performing under the 2mb estimate for the downstream of your connection so I've submitted an "SNR reset" which should improve speeds for you within the next 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grurs41

Re: Plusnet - just what are you playing at?

Thanks for looking into this quickly; however I find it strange that over the last few months, the connection speed has been around the 2Mb mark - only to drop right down below 1 Mb on the 4th at the beginning of the new contract!  I don't believe in coincidences...
Dan