cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

Aimeep
Grafter

Re: Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

The engineer said it's an account issue if the router no longer accepts my username . The line checks out fine . I need a new router debt out mine is now dead . I cannot use the hub two that does not recognise my details so I need a new hub as Plusnet do not wish to check i over the hub problem over the phone and do not want to try resolve the log in issue so now the router is dead .
Mav
Fixes: 516

@Aimeep The staff answering the phones are not engineers that's why you have an engineer visiting tomorrow.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Aimeep
Grafter

Yes and the member if staffs advice has not resolved the issue . The router firs not recognise my username !!!!!!!!! The engineer said it us an account issue not external issue ! I cannot be clearer than that with respect..The router firs not work anymore ! Plusnet not willing to go over the issue with me on phone . I am not an engineer and cannot fix the router ! A new one . With respect stop repeating trouble shooting you know does not work .
Please stop requesting I fix the router problem I am not trained !
Aimeep
Grafter

No . The router does not work it's three years old and it's had it !
Aimeep
Grafter

Look when the router worked It did not recognise my username on any device Plusnet explained my services were stopped by their system three days ago they didn't know why . Engineer said no line issues it's an account as router firs not recognise log in details . The router has power but it's three years old . Power cable plugged in Rutger no lights or constant orange three days ! I've explained this hundreds of times over the phone and Plusnet cant figure out why my services were stopped ! If my service has been stopped by the system I won't be able to scces it will I! COMMON SENSE .
Mav

@Aimeep 

Fair enough.Hopefully tomorrow the engineer can get to the bottom of this. It sounds from what you have said a few messages ago that apart from the Hub 1 you also have the Hub 2. Maybe these need swapping over but not being able to see your set up it's difficult to advise.

Hang tight and, fingers crossed, all will be sorted tomorrow/

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Aimeep
Grafter

There is no engineer booked for tomorrow! He told Plusnet it's an account issue not external !So what am I supposed to do ! Plusnet have left me for three days with no service admitting it was stopped for unknown reasons they dont know why and they haven't bothered contacting me back . They need tubgund out why the system stopped my services while there are no billing issues and get it back working !, and they want me to pay my bill in one week still with no service !!!! I'm fed up if the same thing bring repeated and it's left to me to figure out the problem and fix it !
Aimeep
Grafter

Explain how all will be sorted tomorrow please?
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Aimeep 

Does yours look like the top one or the bottom one?

pnh1.PNGpnh2.PNG

If it's the top one please look on the bottom of it and post the last 3 numbers in the serial number section.

**edit** it will start with +081441+NQ

If it's the bottom one please remove the detachable card on the rear and again post the last 3 digits in the serial number section

**edit it will start with +108417+

Mav

@Aimeep wrote:
Plusnet are sending an engineer out tomorrow...

Aimeep
Grafter

Router flashing orange then nothing then orange for three days .
Aimeep
Grafter

I do not understand I've explained the issue over the phone . I've tried trouble shooting for three days same results . User name not recognised using several devices to log into hub. I've explained if my services have been stopped then they need to be find out why then resolve as it's not an external problem !
Aimeep
Grafter

Once I run out of data on my phone I cannot post here as I have no wi fii and no money left until middle Feb for my phone as I used WhatsApp I can no longer use because the Plusnet system stopped my flipping broadband service in error they know this but have done nothing else ! But want me to fix it ! It's not good enough . I am partially sighted partially paralyzed disabled housebound with no access to world ! I have insomnia and have no TV as that works by wi fi and expect me to diagnose the problem !!!!!
Aimeep
Grafter

I am not an expert so cannot answer your questions . I Do not have wi fi or broadband access since the system accidentally? Stopped it as it's not known by Plusnet why it how this happened . I have limited data on my phone which will run out in two days that I cannot afford to too up until middle Feb.
Not having a broadband service WILL affect my ability to have wi fi on my phone so will not be able to use wi fi .
Also my TV uses wi fi so I Aldi have no TV to watch and cannot watch TV anywhere else . So as I'm housebound and partially paralyzed and have no family SVD can't afford care I am sat here twiddling my thumbs while Plusnet expect me to figure it out . I've answered all their questions on phone and I can't do anymore than that .
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Aimeep 

Further up you wrote 187

Is that the last 3 numbers of the serial number?

(and again look at the last pictures I posted - on a laptop one is above the other - on a mobile there are showing as one to the left and the other to the right. Which one do you have?

Bob asked you to try this -

If you haven't done so already then I would suggest you try factory resetting the hub by inserting something into the reset pinhole at the rear of the device and holding it in until the status light flashes green. The hub will restart. Leave it 5 mins or so and see if there's any improvement.

On the rear of the router, near to where the power cable goes in you will see a little hole and in that hole is a button. Using a unfolded paperclip or even something like a cocktail stick press it into that hole and you'll hear a click - KEEP it pressed and count slowly to 20. Then release the button. Leave the router alone for 5-10 minutes and report back if the light still flashes orange.

edit to add the bit in red