cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

Aimeep
Grafter

Re: Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

The problem is the router etc which is the providers problem to investigate . Why should I pay a private computer technician a fortune to diagnose the problem with the router when it's the provider who provided the router it's their responsibility to fix ! Would you privately pay s computer technician to diagnose as hub issue when you know regulations their tcs and cs are supposed to fix the router provide a new one or find out why the system has blocked me.
Especially as they have a contract with me for 18 months so the router is under their responsibility not a private computer technicians.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

AS I - and others - have said, we suspect very strongly that this is a computer virus you have. It may appear to you that the fault is the router - doesn't look that way to me, but can you please try as I suggested in my post above yours?

Out of interest, how are you making all these posts - on a phone/tablet over mobile data?

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

I'm beginning to think this thread is a wind-up.

You can't help those who won't listen to the advice given by people who aren't stupid.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

@Aimeep  If you can take a photo on your phone then send it to temp@gwise.uk I’ll put it in on the forum.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Aimeep the problem you have is that Plusnet's contract guarantees that you will have a broadband connection to your router that is at least as fast as the minimum speed. It does NOT guarantee that your devices will work with their router. Plusnet don't block accounts, so something unusual is happening - we need to work out EXACTLY what it is. Which will need us to go step by step.

Unless we work out what is happening, then you will be liable for all Plusnet's charges.

Lets go step by step...

Step 1 - What device are you using to post your messages to this board?

Aimeep
Grafter

There is no computer virus the laptop has been taken to a service centre and checks ran . The laptop is brand new. The router cannot be logged into on any device including more than one phone two tablets and an iPad. My username isn't accepted by the router on any devices . If my username isn't being accepted by the router on multiple unrelated devices then that's us not a computer virus it's a router or network issue and Plusnet have agreed .
Aimeep
Grafter

It's breach of contract then as what's the point iof having broadband that you cannot access on any phone you buy. If they feel that all 4 phones I've purchased in the last couple years with no issues are not suitable or one is not,to have WiFi then they should be be pte let me out of the contract explicitly ,did not know some mobile phones are not compatible with Plusnet, so I find a provider where I can use the internet on my phone .except they want me to stay on another 17 months of an 18 month contract my second contract as I've been with them two -three years with no issues and want me to pay full price without necessity providing a service as they threatened me and told me if you want to find a provider that offers WiFi on phones and TV we will charge you even though we have confirmed the system terminated your services two days ago or blocked or stopped your services and we can't yet establish why.
It's their automated system that restricticts blocks or terminates services not Plusnet . If their automated system has decided to stop a service or restrict it they have told me they won't always know the reason why it's below their pay grade to know so to speak ,as the automated system does not always give a reason. It does happen to customers and has happened to me more than once that there's some glitch in the service will get temporarily or accidentally restricted or stopped by the system as it has received incorrect information .
Once the system makes that decision that even in error it cant be reversed by Plusnet as they dont own or control the computers that do this automatically,l
it's all completely automated and Plusnet cannot access an automated system effect any changes made in error .
This is their explanation not mine . Plusnet have stopped services in error before or temporarily stopped stopped access to broadband when the automated system thinks a bill hasn't been paid etc does happen . I'm not sure why you think it isn't possible for these errors to occur .
It's a pretty lame excuse saying when you join a provider for broadband and the broadband stops working through the router overnight it means your phone has never been compatible and your phone does not have WiFi capabilities..
All modern phones have built in wifi so that's a very bad cop out and can access WiFi or why have WiFi ? Sorry very poor excuse to once again blame the customer.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Aimeep wrote:
The router cannot be logged into on any device including more than one phone two tablets and an iPad.

What colour light is on the router right now?

Have you been able to take a picture of the error message(s) on any of the phones or tablet or iPad? I did provide 2 methods on the previous page.

@Aimeep wrote:
If my username isn't being accepted by the router on multiple unrelated devices then that's us not a computer virus it's a router or network issue and Plusnet have agreed .

If the connection from the router to Plusnet (and thus the rest of the world) is the correct and the router is the correct colour (so please say what colour it is or indeed what light(s) are either flashing or illuminated) then only information you need is the wireless network/SSID (eg PLUSNET-A1B2) and the wireless password/key (a combination of numbers and letters) - both of these are on the rear detachable card on the back of your Hub One.

Aimeep
Grafter

Routers are designed to access the internet through broadband . So they are designed to be compatible with the providers network . If the router can't access the network through a network error etc then it'd pretty ponitkrsd saying we can onkyngursntee a badyc internet speed with outbdetvicever can't guarantee that the router we otivudeveuyh our network is compatible with our network or that eibgibeill bevsviksbke with our routers m Do try ask us tibtsje s chance agree to a contract tubgund out that nothings compatible and refuse tibtrgrsd uscftim the vjntrsct but also state they never agreed to otivudevs brisfbsbf service in the first place nDo that sounds like black mail or day light robbery . They want to charge me for a service that's been running for 3 years and has stopped overnight with no explanation .... they in the small print say they are not obligated to provide broadband or have no idea if they can unless you agree to a contract you can't leave iif they cannot?
But they can estimate speed if they can provide broadband if their router is compatible with their network and they provide the router? Makes no sense .
Get out clause hidden in complicated terms designed not to be understood for a reason.....PROFIT.
Aimeep
Grafter

Yes I have photos but Plusnet said they don't want them as the service has been stopped by the system they just don't know why . They are not questioning I no longer have a service they are trying rto figure out how or why it has been st stopped .
I dont know how to send community users photos from my phone and for security reasons not sure this would be wise as it shows security data that could be used to access my account .
DS
Seasoned Champion

@Aimeep wrote:snipped
what's the point iof having broadband that you cannot access on any phone you buy. If they feel that all 4 phones I've purchased in the last couple years with no issues are not suitable or one is not,

The vast majority, if not all WiFi capable phones should connect to the WiFi without issue. If anything newer phones would be better at connecting as they have more advanced internals and operating systems.

@Aimeep wrote:
to have WiFi then they should be be pte let me out of the contract explicitly ,did not know some mobile phones are not compatible with Plusnet,

If the light on the router is the correct colour, with no other lights on, then there's no reason why your wifi devices can't connect, unless you're inputting the wrong credentials.

@Aimeep wrote:
I've been with them two -three years with no issues and want me to pay full price without necessity providing a service as they threatened me and told me if you want to find a provider that offers WiFi on phones and TV we will charge you even though we have confirmed the system terminated your services two days ago or blocked or stopped your services and we can't yet establish why.

So it's been absolutely fine until very recently? - you've been very lucky to not have any issues in that time.

How has a member of staff threatened you? - do you mean they advised you of their early termination fees?

If you can't post an image, what is actually written on the message you have saved on your phone - please don't post personal details

@Aimeep wrote:
It's their automated system that restricticts blocks or terminates services not Plusnet . If their automated system has decided to stop a service or restrict it they have told me they won't always know the reason why it's below their pay grade to know so to speak ,as the automated system does not always give a reason. It does happen to customers and has happened to me more than once that there's some glitch in the service will get temporarily or accidentally restricted or stopped by the system as it has received incorrect information .

I'm a little confused - you said earlier you've had 2 to 3 years without issue, please clarify

And you've just written it's not Plusnet - again please clarify

I've never heard of Plusnet blocking access to the router, though I guess they could for non payment, though as you've said your bill is up to date so I have no reason why they would

An automated system would have been developed and designed by a human so someone would know why - until AI takes over

@Aimeep wrote:
Once the system makes that decision that even in error it cant be reversed by Plusnet as they dont own or control the computers that do this automatically

Read my last sentence above.

@Aimeep wrote:
it's all completely automated and Plusnet cannot access an automated system effect any changes made in error

If this issue is on their system, then they should be able to access it

@Aimeep wrote:
This is their explanation not mine . Plusnet have stopped services in error before or temporarily stopped stopped access to broadband when the automated system thinks a bill hasn't been paid etc does happen . I'm not sure why you think it isn't possible for these errors to occur .

Did you cancel the DD previously or only in the last few days? - if you've done this before then yes there's every chance they will stop the service for non payment - have you always paid the bill by the due date?

@Aimeep wrote:
It's a pretty lame excuse saying when you join a provider for broadband and the broadband stops working through the router overnight it means your phone has never been compatible and your phone does not have WiFi capabilities..
All modern phones have built in wifi so that's a very bad cop out and can access WiFi or why have WiFi ? Sorry very poor excuse to once again blame the customer

But from what I've read it has worked fine for 2 to 3 years, then it didn't, but you're saying that somebody at Plusnet told you your phone isn't compatible? If that's what you mean then they would be able to either play back the telephone calls or review the live chat as this IMHO shouldn't be being said

Plusnet are only obliged to provide the internet, they have no obligation to get the wifi working UNLESS their provided equipment has failed (and like most stuff it'll have either a 12 month warranty or as most ISPs do provide a warranty for the 1st contract term using a router supplied for that contract - so 12, 18 or 24 months). But they often provide a replacement sometimes FOC and at other times for the postage cost only  (currently just under £7)

So, please type out the message, take a picture and tell us about the router light(s)

At this present time I understand your frustration but you're venting your dissatisfaction at your fellow customers and we can't help with that😕

DS
Seasoned Champion

@Aimeep wrote:
I dont know how to send community users photos from my phone and for security reasons not sure this would be wise as it shows security data that could be used to access my account .

Keep reading the replies, it's been explained.

You could edit out any of your personal details before posting a picture or type it out with those sensitive bits removed.

Anyway, without further information from yourself I doubt I'll be able to offer anything else that would be of use. Having said that a member of staff may see all of these replies and take this on to their internal ticket system which is something only you and plusnet would see. They should be able to find your details depending on how you signed up to these forums.

Aimeep
Grafter

I dint know hie to edit a photo and once again how do I send the community photos from my phone and where do I send them ? I've just been advised to edit photos on my pc but the photos are in my phone and i dont know how to show the public the photos .
I've found file attachment limit in red but that does nothing when clicked so I don't know how to post photos .
Aimeep
Grafter

I appreciate your responses and efforts to help but I'm not a internet or computer expert so can only explain the issues in terms I understand which is experts may not . I've never used community forums before . It's very well saying show us the evidence in a photo on this forum but I don't know how to do that !
DS
Seasoned Champion

@Aimeep wrote:
I dint know hie to edit a photo

Some phones have built in applications that allow you to edit - but trying to explain this can be difficult. You could google your phone model and how to edit

@Aimeep wrote:
and once again how do I send the community photos from my phone and where do I send them ?

Whilst you're signed in to these forums, when you click reply you should see this style of page (although your phone screen may not (it's been a long while since I used my phone on these forums)).

pic.PNG

Does this help?