Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet had now changed my snr

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet had now changed my snr

Thanks Plusnet for changed SNR from 6dB to 3dB after I had requested them to lower my snr after stable connection with 6dB for 6 days and I had notice my downstream had increase from 14335K to 15769K and SNR reduce from 6dB to 3dB but I cannot believed my upstream also changed from 1279K down to 445K but shocking that upstream snr had rise to 33dB from 7.1dB. Why it reduced upstream sync down to 445K and increase SNR on upstream ? Please don't ask BT to reset to WBC 21CN. They should adjusted my upstream back to 1279K where I used to have stable at 7.1dB.
See ticket #47022820 for attachment and report of my line.
18 REPLIES 18
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Plusnet had now changed my snr

Don't take it personal mate, my upload was capped for no reason too and now it has been uncapped again it has dropped to 888 from over 1100 and the SNR has risen from 6 to 13.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Here is attached snapshot below. I had draw circle in blue for downstream was all fine but the circle in red for upstream went all wrong connection rate at 445K but max rate of 1332K and snr is crazy high at 32.8dB on the upstream side. It now been connected for 1 hour since plusnet changed my dowstream snr to lower to 3dB of my request.
JamesM
Grafter

Give it a while and your upload speed will drop match the 445 connection rate.
It still baffles me though how you get 15+Mbps on a 33 attenuation and I struggle to get over 10 with a 29 attenuation. I have been watching my Mum's connection too and it seems like it too is stuck on 7.6 with a sync rate of over 12000. 7.6 seems to be the magic figure.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Cos I brought a new professional high quality filter from ADSLNation, plus a new hi-speed telephone cable (twister pair) that how it increasing sync ! Flat cable and poor filter mean your sync could be lower! Maybe you are struggle to get over 10 with line attenunation of 29dB should get you 16/17Meg easy but it depend on your downstream SNR, if it was higher snr, you get lower sync rate!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi goldenadsl,
I've just been looking into this for you. The line was hard fixed with a standard upstream (448k) I will place an order to uncap this but this will remove the hard fix temporarily until we can apply for it to be hard fixed again.
Jojo Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks, I might have a look at the twisted cable, it can't hurt seeing as I have tried almost everything else.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Jo, it could end up back to high snr again in downstream as I know BT will mess it up again, why it damn hard to get upstream back to 1279K and what is hard fixed mean ? Why BT ADSL2+ is too complicated than ADSL ? I won't be very happy if BT decided to uncapped my upstream back to 1279K and probably will reduce my downstream back lower to 14335K with higher SNR. BT does mess it up indeed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: JamesM
Thanks, I might have a look at the twisted cable, it can't hurt seeing as I have tried almost everything else.

You can order professional high quality filter here: http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=54
twister cable here: http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=120 (short cable is best at 1 metre from the router to the filiter)
These two are the best highest quality!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I've been through to place an order and it's still showing as uncapped. I've spoken to the faults guy who had it hard fixed and he's getting back onto them to get it set right Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Jojo. Smiley but I don't think BT haven't done it yet ? after seeing this answer on my ticket:
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr **********,
Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for your upstream becoming capped after the SNR change. BT have rectified this now and you should notice your upload speed improve. Please let us know if this is not the case.
Kind regards,
How long it take BT to rectifield upstream ? Very annoyed with BT !
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It can take about 2 hours. He's keeping his eye on it for you.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Ok thanks jojo, it now 1 hour gone pass, and BT haven't done anything yet. I won't put my hope up as knowing BT sometimes miss out the work done!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: goldenadsl
it now 1 hour gone pass, and BT haven't done anything yet.

That's not how it works. It's not like someone's sitting around and not doing it. Once it's applied, which they did straight away, the system can take 2 hours to update it. That's how it works.
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

BT had done it now. It now sync at 1279K on the upstream. And surprise my downstream sync also went up to 16455K. Thanks jojo and the guy at the fault team. Very quick and thanks for excellent support. Smiley I am now wait for the 88.2% new profile come into force in 10th October, hopefully it might come early.
I had cancel my virgin media because sadly the tech guy say to me it over congestion in my area and won't be fitted until 2013. So, i cancel virgin media cable (100 meg) very disappointed.