Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre optic upload speeds

Frogger
Grafter

Re: Plusnet fibre optic upload speeds

Quote from: stephenw10
My neighbour has BT Infinity and gets around 1.6Mb/s (on speedtest) so I guess that's their up to 2Mb/s service. It hardly seems worth upgrading from my 1.2Mb/s U/S and 20Mb/s D/S on adsl2. How often am I going to need (up to!) 40Mb/s?
Steve

I have Plusnet Fibre Extra and get 34Mbps Download and 1.6Mbps Upstream on Speedtest, which confirms your thoughts on 2Mbps upstream limit on Plusnet Extra.
But hey, thats massively better than my typical 1.6Mbps DL and 448Kbps UL with my previous ADSL2+ service. I'm Happy  Smiley
phil4
Grafter

So, to summarise:
1) You can't get fibre yet.
2) You don't want it anyway.
Blimey, how simple can life sometimes?
paqize
Grafter

I live in a crap are! While other areas enjoy fast upload speeds my crap area remains crap. Other countries get crazy speeds while uk's broadband remains wacky. I need my upload speed...
Frogger
Grafter

Quote from: paqize
I need my upload speed...

Then you may need to look at business packages, I suggest you raise a ticket enquiring about Plusnet's packs and if that doesn't suit look elsewhere.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@paqize
Not sure about your attitude on this when looking at your posting history you declined to take a simple step to optimise the speed you get from your current setup.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
paqize
Grafter

I cant optimise my upload speed, it's not as fast as i would like it to be, download speed is fine for me now that i have good socket.
Quote from: Frogger
Quote from: paqize
I need my upload speed...

Then you may need to look at business packages, I suggest you raise a ticket enquiring about Plusnet's packs and if that doesn't suit look elsewhere.

Yes ill have to ask about their business deals. Didnt know they even had any lol.
paqize
Grafter

i looked at some business deals from the business section and i could get Annex M to increase my up speed so i might just do that but before i do does the free traffic after 00:00 apply to business broadband also?
knowdice
Rising Star

Reading your comments in another thread - it's REALLY worth the effort to ensure that your house telephone wiring is optimized for ADSL, this will ensure that you are getting the best upload and download speeds before changing to another product.
It's like building a house on sand - if the foundations are not right then you are wasting your time....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI paqize,
Yes, it is free overnight usage on business.
Jojo Smiley
paqize
Grafter

Already found out but thanks. I just need to know if i can get plusnet's business adsl2+ with annex m in my area? Im asking because i cannot see an option in the product change page.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi paqize,
There won't be an option if you're currently a residential customer. Raise a ticket detailing exactly what package you want and we'll take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
paqize
Grafter

Ok nice, i will do that now.