Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet done any updates to my router?

clownfish
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet done any updates to my router?

I am having a LAN problem in that I suddenly can not see devices connected to my Thomson 585 v7 router (firmware 7.4.4.7) and I am trying to find out what has changed on the network to find the fault.
The devices are a QNAP NAS and Linn DS music player.  These are connect to a Netgear Ethernet switch and then to the router via home plugs and it all worked fine.
Today it does not so I am wondering if there has been any firmware update or any other changes to the router that could have affected this.
I have connected the Netgear ethernet switch directly to the router via long run of ethernet cable and when I do, I can access all devices so this says its the home plug network at fault.  I have tried different home plugs and it still does not work so this I why I wonder if there is something funny going on with the router concerning the home plug connection.
Anyone got any ideas or information that may help?
Thanks,
Dave
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet done any updates to my router?

Hi Dave,
At the risk of sounding cliched, have you tried turning the router off/back on? We haven't initiated any 585v7 firmware upgrades from this end so it won't be that.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

clownfish
Rising Star

Yes I have done power on/off thing.  I have just checked my son's PC which is located in his bedroom and that connects via home plug as well and that PC can't see anything on the network  or get to the internet via the router and I can't see it any more form the  main PC which is wired to the router.
Is there anything in the router configuration I can do or check that might fix this or show what the problem is?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have any network IP ranges used by the homeplugs been changed to incompatible ones due to a reset or homeplug software update?
Presumably the devices connected via homeplugs are failing to get an IP allocated by your router? Do they use DHCP or static IPs?
David
clownfish
Rising Star

I got it sorted thanks.  It was quite weird as the Linn software was reporting the media sever running on the NAS as reporting an IP address of 168.?.100.100 - I can't  remember what the ?was.  I updated the firmware on the NAS, swapped things around home-plug wise and I got a range of addresses you might expect all starting 192 and in the right range.