cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet don't help with FTTC issues? what?

Bjn
Grafter

Re: Plusnet don't help with FTTC issues? what?

Quote from: nanotm
he might just be a very angry guy feeling ignored and not getting responded to as he expects,

Getting angry with forum members will not help him, more likely help will stop. It would help if he stopped for a moment and explained the problem with his broadband connection so suggestions can be made to help rather than rant on about no help. I had a similar problem a few weeks back with what I thought Plusnet where not understanding my problem. I explained it in detail on this forum and a kind member made some suggestion which Plusnet picked up and acted on the problem was solved in a few days.

the fact he calls people fanbois is indicative of a deep-seated emotional disturbance or of being an adolescent, 

That's the problem, with society today it's "me me me" culture and I don't care about anyone but "me and I want it "now"". I've work with 13-19 year old children for over 37 years and his reaction of indicative of society today. A little bit of stepping back and politeness goes along way to getting peoples respect and help.
Sorry about the rant but I'm from the old school of how to respect others.
picbits
Rising Star

I was going to reply and join in this thread much earlier back before I remembered his username rang a bell for some reason. A quick look through all his previous posts and all he has seemed to do is moan about Plusnet and threaten to leave.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

see its all that antsy behaviour guys
if you don't like how society is then you have to act to change it, clearly large chunks weren't taught simple things like always keep your cool, politeness goes a long way, a shy smile in a foreign country will get them to speak English when your attempt to speak the lingo doesn't work... and so on
but to change the way society in general is you have to first show them and persist in being friendly whilst trying to provide help (even if its totally off track) refraining from making a post though because some guy's an angry whiner who thinks they will elicit a good response from issuing threats does nothing ot deter them from there warped way of thinking

and no I don't ascribe to Zen Buddhism or any other religious mumbo jumbo, but since I was always polite then in my times of need I got a hell of a lot more help than anyone else did when they got into similar situations in the past, a little goodwill can go a long way (and often when you need it most)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
inhost
Grafter

haha that caused a stir.
I was here to point out the quality of service when asking plusnet (not the trolls) for assistance. you seem to have turned in to an angry mob though so I must have hit a nerve, sorry about this but when people completely miss everything dont notice the obvious and ignore most of what is relevant (some may call this stupidity) it gets me annoyed.
I would have replied sooner but you know... still no internet and all.
What I do take from your replies when ignoring the cabbage is that you guys are very aware that when you call to report a problem no one really pays attention and more often than not a forum post going over every last detail is required to make someone have a light bulb moment at plusnet towers.
So OK here we go:
No DSL light on openreach modem. - This rules out any equipment that comes after the openreach modem.
Openreach modem is plugged in by itself the same condition exists - Ruling out any equipment interference within the house after the initial circuit.
Different copper wire tested - no difference.
So that rules out everything I can do as far as I know, or rather everything I have access to do.
I call and am told that essentially plusnet cant do anything so they set off the automated tests, I am also told and I quote:
9:20am, Saturday 21 Sep 2013
We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.
Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.
--
So 26 hours pass and no call no update so I call them and they say, oh sorry I will get someone to contact you and update this asap but I dont have access to anything to do that.
--
This morning, 48 hours later, I call again, and guess what I get "All I can do is apologise" which is something I am starting to believe more and more.
So here it is, confession time to all those people who probably think I am a complete tool.
I work from home, I work 16+ hours a day 7 days a week, sadly I live in an area that has little to no 3g access for a backup plan, and I have 1000's of my own customers to service which makes me extra angry because I don't want to just "apologise" I actually strive to be better which is why mediocre service and blind acceptance of failure gets me so angry.
I know what you are thinking, well you are on a residential service why blame plusnet, and honestly it is a very fair point, here is why, I do some work for a business that is a plusnet reseller, they have around 200+ clients they have sold plusnet business grade solutions on to, and I can tell you first hand that residential customers get better service levels when an issue arises, but again, I am thinking probably like you, well at least if you are on a business package you have more right to complain etc, well my response to that would be split, 1) I don't want to have to complain it turns me in to a prime Richard, that much I confess, I lash out and get angry with anything that is not perfect. and 2) I just now spoke to plusnet business sales to switch, apart from the fact the guy that is "apparently" in a Yorkshire call centre (I suspect not, he could not understand me and I struggled with him) I am reliably informed even after being put on hold for a few minutes while he confirmed things that with business they promise to respond within 4 hours initially but will only try their best to look into the fault within 48 hours..... great, remember my previous update on the residential support stating 24 hours?
Finally, sorry to anyone I may have insulted, I don't mean anything by it, just stressed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really sorry to see the problems you've been having. I've just had a look over the fault you raised and was about to run some more tests on the line but noticed that our RADIUS is showing that you're now connected for around an hour.
I would have replied sooner but you know... still no internet and all.

I'm assuming that you're still unable to get online?
Are the lights on the modem still in the same state (DSL off)?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nanotm
Pro

doesn't the lack of dsl light indicate there is no sync with the cabinet ?
Chris
Legend

That's what I thought but there's a connection showing here so wanted to checked before I ran potentially disruptive tests.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

Holy chocolate fudge Sundays...... it is up (he says as he gives his 2g connection on his phone the finger)
Thanks Chris.
It is indeed up, so lets use this as a case in point.
I have been having exactly this sort of issue since day 1 with plusnet (not previously with Orange) it was present on ADSL and then followed me to FTTC, probably about 18 months in total at best guess, it is usually 24 hours some times longer. no one ever tells me what fixed it so I am dis-empowered more and more every time and get more and more angry every time to the point your forum members formed a linch mob (said in good humour).
So lets assume unless you can tell me otherwise this was just another one of those "I don't know it fixed itself" issues which I think you have to agree at this stage is simply not good enough, what steps are now being taken to analyse the fault and find the root cause?
Chris
Legend

Strangely there's actually an MSO (Major Service Outage) showing when I test your line now:
This circuit is affected by MSO. The Incident detail is as follows- Incident ID: IMT38839/13 Start Date: 23/09/2013 09:03:00 Estimated Completion Date: 23/09/2013 13:00:00.
As you can see that was only report to start today, so won't (shouldn't) have been the cause of the connection problems for the last few days.
If you like we can continue to investigate this as a fault, however it's likely to be rejected as soon as we push it through to our suppliers as the connection is working correctly now.
picbits
Rising Star

Maybe they have redirected all the working lines to inhost to get him back up and running Wink
Fingers crossed your line stays stable - nothing worse than losing your internet !
inhost
Grafter

Hi Chris,
So what would your advice be, you know your internal systems better than I do.
Here is my perspective.
Issues only started when I moved to plusnet.
Happens about once a month but to be fair has been less frequent on FTTC
Issue has followed me from ADSL to FTTC.
Always down for around 24 hours minimum, usually comes back of its own accord either just before midnight or around 9am
This is an ongoing fault that has been present for the life of the service and has probably lost me about 30 days of internet use time
No one can EVER tell me what fixed the issue, not even right after it comes back.
I don't think allowing this to simply go away until next time is acceptable, do you?
knowdice
Rising Star

Quote from: inhost

Issue has followed me from ADSL to FTTC.

Doesn't that imply that there is a problem between inhost's house and the cabinet?
Especially as he seems to lose the DSL light at the same time.
How does the telephone line get to your house?
All underground?, underground till your house?
Any idea of the distance to the FTTC cabinet? - sorry if you have already posted this...
inhost
Grafter

Well when you move from ADSL to FTTC its a new cab so I guess not, the cab can be kicked from my front door Smiley and lives are above ground, the physical line from the old cab has been replaced once already by a none OR engineer and many BTOR engineers have commented that the line quality given the distance from the exchange is excellent (possibly due to the whole (small) town being rewired about 15 years ago after something took half the cables out one night .
One BTOR engineer that it turns out knew a lot of the people I grew up with a few miles away so was a lot more loose lipped with me said its probably a faulty board that's not giving any specific errors out at the exchange, what you need is a lift and shift, based on what I can show I cant get that done but ask your ISP and they might be able to request it, that was mentioned about 500 times sadly we are in an age of automation and no one likes to consider anything outside the box any more. and besides that Luke from PN absolutely assured me in full knowledge of this that moving to FTTC would circumvent this and resolve the problem on ADSL as it would be a completely new circuit which is why I agreed to move to FTTC to begin with.
nanotm
Pro

um they don't disconnect the adsl circuit from your phone line when you move to fttc, they just send an off signal to it.....that might be a more important aspect of the problem because if the circuit card is faulty then there is every chance it is still causing the problems just less frequently
the reason the line is left connected at the exchange is so an engineer isn't required to revert your connection back should you change isp's or be unable ot achieve a stable fttc connection ....

only if you go full fttp is it a totally different circuit from adsl

this means you might still have the whole thing fixed with a lift and shift at the exchange (which I realise means the adviser at plusnet wasn't totally correct)

and yes the MSO work could actually fix the whole thing if it requires card changes anyway, loss of phone will indicate that though (and in theory wont affect the fttc connection because its connected in parallel to the phone/adsl service)
knowdice
Rising Star

I believe lines from your house to original distribution point next to or near to the new FTTC cabinet will still be the same, they just loop to the new cabinet to pick up VDSL and then back to the original DP, then on to the exchange for voice/ADSL
So, ADSL and VDSL will be using the same lines from your house to the local DP.
Even though ADSL could still be coming from the exchange, I would guess that it's filtered out by the FTTC equipment so that just voice band pass through.
Are you noticing any noise on your normal telephone?