cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet decreased my Minimum Guarantee Speed

Nell51

Plusnet decreased my Minimum Guarantee Speed

I’m having problems with my broadband dropping out multiple times during the day over the last week.

I’ve logged in to my Plusnet account and it says my minimum guaranteed speed is 37.5mb on Unlimited Fibre Extra. When I renewed my contract in July 2022 my contract said my Minimum Guaranteed Speed was 45.4mb. Has this happened to anyone else?
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Plusnet decreased my Minimum Guarantee Speed

@Nell51 

It does happen but if you want to leave on the basis that the MGS is not being met thirty days, I think, after reporting it to Plusnet, then it’s the speed quoted in your contract that has to be honoured .

Have you reported a fault? Your speed is not monitored by Plusnet.

If you move then unless you move to full fibre or a cable company without this being addressed then things are unlikely to improve.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cpe33
Hooked

My broadband speed is gradually getting slower. When I renewed my contract the speed quoted was 41-47 mb and I was getting 50mb. Now the quoted speed is 39-44mb and I am only getting 43mb. The BT Speed test will not complete the advanced test.

Locally we are be offered Full Fibre which is not available with Plusnet or BT.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@cpe33 - I've ran a test and it's all looking fine here. As the speed is above the minimum I can't do anything from my side sadly. Prehaps this down to addition property's being added or perhaps degradation of the line causing the estimates to lower over time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
cpe33
Hooked

Openreach re-cabled most of the village including us a few months ago which made the speed go up to over 50mb but since then the speed has been gradually getting slower and the ping is getting worse, Luckily my contract ends in September so I will change to another supplier (there are 3 locally) who are offering a minimum of 150mb up to 1gb. The 150mb with phone is about the same cost that I am paying now.