Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cold calling about fault?

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Plusnet cold calling about fault?

My mother-in-law, who is a Plusnet broadband customer, has on two occasions received an unsolicited phone call in relation to a fault on her broadband connection. The first time, coincidentally, there was a problem with her laptop, which together with her difficulty in understanding the accent of the person speaking to her meant that the caller gave up. The second time, again hampered by difficulty understanding the caller, she told them simply that she did not believe that there was a problem, and hung up.
I'm pretty certain that this is a scam attempt, although I'm not sure what the potential scammer could be hoping to gain via this means.
I'm sure that Plusnet do not have the resources to monitor every customers' connection and cold call in the event of a fault, but I would be grateful if someone could confirm that no-one from Plusnet has contacted my mother-in-law in the past week. I'll PM her account details to any staff member who responds to this post.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to a more appropriate board.]
My other car isn't a Ferrari
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: Plusnet cold calling about fault?

Hi there,
PM me the username and I'll check the access logs, certainly sounds dodgy though.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Sounds very much like this scam
Pernicious stuff/
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Mand
PM sent. Thanks.
My other car isn't a Ferrari