cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet broadband lost (BT to Plusnet transfer)

MAW
Dabbler

Plusnet broadband lost (BT to Plusnet transfer)

My phone + broadband transfer from BT to PlusNet has not been as automatic as I was promised.
Due to activate on 16 July, only the phone worked - the broadband was not available until 21 July.
On 14 Sept, the broadband disappeared again and, having been promised a reconnection for 17 Sept and again on 21 Sept, it is still not available.
Plusnet is unable to explain the problem, stating that it is the responsibility of a wholesaler (?).
I am told the broadband will not be connected for yet another week or more - ticket number 110865107.
Why are changeovers so problematic?
6 REPLIES 6
MAW
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet broadband lost (BT to Plusnet transfer)

Still no broadband.
Lots of promises, no result.
Ticket No. 110865107

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi MAW,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Sad to learn that your transfer has not gone well.  Only PlusNET can advise what has gone wrong in your specific case, however in response to your question about why transfers are so problematic, hopefully the following will illuminate.
First the differently branded "BT" bodies all act as independent companies and are obliged to under Ofcom rules.
PlusNET buys phone services from BT Openreach (BTOR) and broadband from BT Wholesale (BTw). ... who inturn order off BTOR.
When a migration is requested, a simultanious (SIM) order is required across the two parties.  Under Ofcom rules, a phone migration has an in-built 10 day delay so that the loosing supplier (in your case BT Retail) has the ability to contact their customer and subsequently block the transfer.
If any part of the above process fails, due to any party making a mistake, all hell can break lose, especially if BTOR's service ownership tags get screwed up.  If everything goes to plan it works like clock work... If it does not....
Hope you are soon sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MAW
Dabbler

Thank you for your input.
Each time Plusnet find another way to solve the problem, I have to wait 3-5 working days to have it removed then another 3-5 working days to have something else ordered. There seems to be no fast-track solution for those who have already waited long enough.
I have to wait another two weeks while 'incompatible' products are removed from the line, then the ordering process has to start yet again.
All in all, I have to wait four weeks to correct their mistake in the first place!!!!
I cannot apply to CISAS until eight weeks have passed, so there is no way to speed up the process.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

As I said there is an Ofcom imposed 10 day delay on phone line take over.  If an order fails (or is cancelled by any party) the Ofcom rules / clock starts again - there is nothing any ISP can do to circumvent that part of the process.  Sadly we can all see the consequences, but not the causes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MAW
Dabbler

Ofcom should have built in an automatic compensation process.
MAW
Dabbler

Broadband now up and running again, seven days before schedule!
I am even more confused now.....