cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are you short on capacity again?

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet are you short on capacity again?

Quote from: Bob

Quote from: paulgul
I don't think it's going to be long before we see this again the way PN are treating their customers. I have no usenet again today (well at speed of zero to 1.8kB/s). I keep complaining on here but just get fobbed off with excuses about the iPlayer.

I've replied in the other thread about your Usenet speeds.

Bob, I suppose technically you are correct, you did reply, but I'm not sure that asking me what gateway I was on (I replied in about 5 minutes of asking) and then not bothering to to come back and address any of the issues we had was much help. - In fact we are still waiting for a reply from you 20 hours later
I think that PN support as become a bit of a joke, like the rest of the service your company offers.
For those interested the thread I'm refering to is here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77848.0.html ; (3rd page)
Paul
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,
Bob's just posted an update in one of the other thread.
We've just spotted an error in the application of Ellacoya rate limits which we feel may have been attributing towards these problems.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I haven't look at Bob's post yet, but at the moment I'm getting around 2kB/s from Giganews with occasional bursts of full line speed for perhaps 30 seconds or so (On thn-ag1)
Paul
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: ASBO
can any one remember if any one from PN confirmed that thn-ag2 packet drop graph does indeed show the 21cn data as well as the remaining LLU customers.

The graphs do *not* show drops on the 21CN platform.

dont suppose u have a graph with the 21cn packetdrops so we can have a sneaky peek at what there like at peak times

Yep, here you go...  Tongue

Quote from: abrooks
Quote from: dannykos
I have stopped playing World Golf Tour (wgt.com) as I just can't get a smooth enough connection to use the power bar accurately Sad

But that's just the point, why should I suffer slow HTTP connections, bad YouTube and iPlayer connections and of course [Censored] download speeds from the likes of iTunes?

You *shouldn't* suffer slow HTTP connections, bad YouTube and iPlayer connections, and we don't expect you to. iTunes will be slowed at certain times of the day though if you're not on a PAYG or Pro account. That's because content from iTunes is delivered via Limelight Networks.
Quote from: paulgul
Bob, I suppose technically you are correct, you did reply, but I'm not sure that asking me what gateway I was on (I replied in about 5 minutes of asking) and then not bothering to to come back and address any of the issues we had was much help. - In fact we are still waiting for a reply from you 20 hours later
I think that PN support as become a bit of a joke, like the rest of the service your company offers.
For those interested the thread I'm refering to is here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77848.0.html ; (3rd page)

Paul, whilst I understand your frustration, can I remind you that these forums are not an official avenue for support. I can't be here twenty-four hours a day and I do have a home to go to Wink
Don't worry, I've not forgotten that you're having problems and I'm going to do my best to try and get to the bottom of things...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I've been trying to watch the Tour de France via flash in the daytime (on 21CN)
You have to stand a long way a way off to watch it full screen.
So somebody's dropping packets somewhere.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Where were you streaming the Tour De France footage from? If we were dropping packets then you're much likely to see the video stutter as opposed to pixelate.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I didn't say Plusnet were to blame for packet dropping... Smiley
However, whilst there was occasional stuttering/freezing, this must be considered normal since the broadcast highlights on ITV4 also have occasional problems (due to comms problems in the Alps)...
The site I was using was http://www.fromsport.com/c-9.html
The amount of pixelation did vary continuously and didn't seem related to picture "complexity".
Very strange.
Flash is rubbish - why not just provide a proper video feed?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."