cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are DEFINITELY throttling you

bwatkins
Dabbler

5 years with Plusnet, never saw more than 28mbps down / 6.5mbps up. BT cabinet checker saying line should be capable of 34mbps down / 7.5mbps up.

Switched to Vodafone 3 months ago. Same router, same PC, same mobile devices....same everything. Never seen less than 34mbps down / 7.5mbps up.

I don't know what they are doing but they are DEFINITELY not providing customers with the full speed available from Openreach.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Plusnet are DEFINITELY throttling you

Or alternatively it could be that Openreach reset the DLM for your line when you changed ISP. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@bwatkins wrote:

I don't know what they are doing but they are DEFINITELY not providing customers with the full speed available from Openreach.

If it is Plusnet policy why are they not throttling me?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
bwatkins
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Or alternatively it could be that Openreach reset the DLM for your line when you changed ISP. 

I was getting 25mbps down for three years until the end of 2020 when they reset the DLM as part of the fault diagnostics/repair process. That's when it went up to 28mbps.

They told me they'd done 'everything possible' to increase speed and what I was getting was the fastest possible. Like a fool, I believed them.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet isn't THROTTLING you. Because I use to be with Plusnet for my FTTC 80/20 from 2014 to 2021. Always getting sync rate 79999/19999 with throughput speed of 74/19 because the openreach bras ip profile are 77.35Mb with PN current line speed of 77.3Mb with speedtest of 74/19 are spot on for the last 7 years. There is no throttling.

bwatkins
Dabbler

Call it what you like. Plusnet did everything they could and the best they managed in 5 years was 28mbps. Moved to another provider and straight away 34mpbs. That's all the evidence I need to see they were slowing me down.

Moderators Note: Full quote of preceding post remove as per Forum rules