cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Webmail

JohnCollins

Plusnet Webmail

Anybody else out there having trouble logging into their webmail ?Huh
Everything was working fine since May when I joined Plusnet, then last night I attempted to login into my webmail by doing what I always do  - click on the E-mail link from home page and enter again my username and password. What I now get is the message "You must be logged in to access this page - Go to the login page"  Which I do and the same old process happens again !!
I raised a ticket with plusnet support and their suggestion was to dissable my anti virus and firewall - youv'e got to be kidding !!  Another suggestion was to change my web browser.  -  Why ?? !! I'm perfectly happy with IE and don't want the trouble changing to another.
Anybody any suggestions  ??
John
6 REPLIES 6
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Webmail

It sounds more like a corrupt cookie to be honest, preventing the session cookie for the login session from being placed properly.
I'd suggest removing the cookie for webmail first, then restart your browser and try accessing it again.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are using IE8 it might be worth checking if you have InPrivate Filtering enabled
JohnCollins

oldjim
No I don't have Inprivate Filtering on
So, Jim you are from Dorset - that's my neck of the woods as well
John
JohnCollins

Quote from: James_G
It sounds more like a corrupt cookie to be honest, preventing the session cookie for the login session from being placed properly.
I'd suggest removing the cookie for webmail first, then restart your browser and try accessing it again.

Done all of that - still no luck
John
JohnCollins

Ok guys - solved my problem myself at last !
I recently blocked a gaming web site that my son was using, (ain't he cruel I hear you all say - but he was spending an excessive amount of time on it).
On the IE tools menu I went into internet options, selected the content tab and  then enabled the content advisor to specify the "banned" web site.  All was fine - apart from the moans from my son when he found out I'd banned him from the "Tribal Wars" web site until further notice.   
But in doing all of this - it prevents you from accessing Plusnet webmail - weird I know, but true.  Serves you right you cruel father I hear you all say !!
Smiley  Smiley
John
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: JohnCollins
.......  I'd banned him from the "Tribal Wars" web site until further notice.   

The Empire Strikes Back perhaps  Grin