cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Vs Bt IP profile Question

garyten

Plusnet Vs Bt IP profile Question

My Plusnet profile is set at 14.3, and my current Bt profile is set to 17.7.
My question is, should i request a profile match with my low SNR.
Im 5 days into my 10 day training,(Thanks to JoJo  ;)) and my current Sync rate on my router is 20139 Down 1195 up, but my SNR is down to 3.1 DS.
My connection is perfectly stable, and im really impressed at my Netgear DGN2200 holding sync for 14 hours at present, with this low SNR of 3.1.
I thought the target SNR was around 6, and although im in line training, i was quite surprised to find it not only Syncing,  but running perfectly stable, with no apparent errors.
In the past when on Sky's LLU network i could rarely hold sync for any length of time with a SNR lower than 6, but that was LLU, and this is BT ? so im even more impressed  Smiley
Any ideas, regarding the request to match the IP profiles, or should i leave it to Sync out, which im sure it will do soon, given as something keeps upping my speed at around every 12 to 18 hours, and with my Snr already at 3.1, somethings going to give, LOL  Grin
I would have never believed that i would ever see line sync at 20139, when i first started Broadband with Metronet in 2003, on a 512 connection many years ago, how far things have come in a short time
Gary.
4 REPLIES 4
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet Vs Bt IP profile Question

Probably best to wait until the 10 day training period is over, by which time both you and the DLM will have a better idea of what the most stable configuration for your connection is.
You can then ask the support team to adjust your PN profile if necessary based on the BT profile you finish up with.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yes you should - the Plusnet profile has no effect upon the training period I suggest posting here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101517.128.html where it should be picked up tomorrow
garyten

Thank you both, i have requested my profile be up dated, on the link to the other thread that Jim posted.
Thanks,
Gary.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi Gary, I've just aligned your profile for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵