cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Speed Profile - FTTC

granilith

Plusnet Speed Profile - FTTC

Hi
I am hoping someone will be able to enlighten me regarding the speed profile in the member centre.
On Monday I had FTTC installed and I immediately started getting download speeds of 37mbps+ and I had a very stable line over the next 5 days.  Two days ago I disconnected all my equipment to tidy the cables that the engineer left between the master socket and modem.
When I reconnected everything and tried a speedtest I was only able to get a speed of 19mpbs.  Having a look at my rate in the member centre it says my current line speed is 21mbps however using speedtest.bt.com it says my ip profile is 37.42mbps.
Why would one disconnect cause the plusnet profile to more than half when the line profile is considerably higher.
Also how long does it take for the plusnet speed to update to the actual speed of my line and do I need to do anything to help (i.e. disconnect to get the equipment to re-sync and provide plusnet with sync details.)
Thanks for the help
Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Speed Profile - FTTC

Hi there,
I've made some changes to your account that should improve things for you, please let us know if that's not the case?
granilith

Hi Matt
Thank you very much for your reply and whatever you did.
Just did a test and I am getting 36.33mbps at what I would think is a very congested time.
Once again, I'm very appreciative of your help
Andrew
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good to hear, I'll let Matt know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team