Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Router Orange light issue

silon134
Hooked

Plusnet Router Orange light issue

Hi guys,
Yesterday I connected the router for the very first time and the light goes always like this: green > blue > flashing orange > orange.

I´ve been reading topics in this forum and I realised that I've got the default username@plusdsl.net so that might be causing the problem, but I'm not sure.

-Can anybody tell me if I'm getting in the right direction?

-How can I set up my username@plusdsl.net account?

-May it work after I set it up and also put my password?

Also I´d be great if an admin can check if my broadband is working correctly.

Thank you very much, I've started getting desperate.

11 REPLIES 11
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet Router Orange light issue

Hi silon134 and welcome to the Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble when trying to connect your router. Testing your connection from this side, it's as you say where the details within the router just aren't matching those which we have on your account and therefore not authenticating the connection. I'd advise following the steps below on how to log into the router and update the relevant details which should hopefully get you online.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how it goes. - Benj

silon134
Hooked

Hi Benj,

Thank you for replying. I just wanted to know if there's anything I can do about authenticating my username@plusdsl.net account, as I saw other topics from people having this problem.

By the way, I tried exactly what you've described yesterday and it didn't work. PPP conection wheel kept spinning.

I'll try again as soon as I get home today.

Regards,

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @silon134.

How did you get on with it last night?

silon134
Hooked

Still no have access to internet. Router is on and connected everywhere, orange light is still on. Costumer service told me they've raised a fault and that they'll contact me in 5 days.
Haven't heard back from them yet.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @silon134.

On checking the fault tickets on the account, I can see that we've requested you set your connection into the test socket to see if sync returns - did you manage to do this?

silon134
Hooked

Hi OskarPapa,

My socket does not have a test socket as its not a master socket. It's just a single internet socket so once I screwed it out, there's nothing behind just cables and the wall.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @silom134, thanks for confirming.

As the line is testing not in sync and the cause of this not detected, the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

I have updated your fault ticket here and if you could please let us know once you have added a reply, we will get this picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
silon134
Hooked

Lauren,

I've contacted you through PM and just wanted to point out something. I joined almost three weeks ago and there's no signal that makes me think that I'll get this problem sorted by the end of the week. I'd encourage to the technical team or whoever is liable for this to have a look ASAP. Otherwise you'll lose a client.

Sorry for telling this to you, but apparently nobody I spoke through the phone is liable either.

Regards,

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @silon134,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this issue is causing you. As our tests from here haven't been able to pick up the cause of the fault, an engineer visit has been arranged so that this may be investigated further. The details of the day and time of the engineer visit are outlined on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
silon134
Hooked

Hi all,

Just to update about the orange light situation.

A technician came on Saturday and had a look to the router and socket. Everything looked OK so far. So he went downstairs in order to check the external communal box and found the problem. He didn't tell me as his English was not really good but he the only thing I could understand was that he had to replace 1m of the cable so there was anything I could have done from home.
Right now, everything's working normally but it took 2 weeks since I received the router so I'll have to pay the bill for two weeks I had no service and the problem was not even inside my home.

Regards,

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @silon134,

We are glad to hear that your fault has now been fixed. Please click here to view my response regarding the credit I placed on your account.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team