Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Router 2704n - Latest Firmware

PhantomR
Grafter

Plusnet Router 2704n - Latest Firmware

Hi All Out There, Smiley
I Will be a new user to plusnet quite soon after escaping my previous provider EE for bad service even with fibre installed.
However as i get new tech in my hands i'm one of these people that like to play & configure things before i use things fully,
in this case it's the router & its firmware thats plaging me at present and this maybe covered elsewhere however i have yet
to come across anything similar in the posts.
compared to my EE Router which has both adsl & fibre support i had a similar issue to what i'm having now but far different
where i can't access the web interface via lan cable connected to the pc to configure my options at all,the only way was
adding different browsers to my system which is annoying.
however in this case i CAN load up the router interface and see the nice menu and as i've read it is rather limited to
what functions you can actually use etc.... but the one thing i would like to do in my browser (mozilla firefox) is
actually LOG IN to the interface.
when i tap in the password and press the login button nothing seems to happen or the page doesn't refresh with
advanced options for example SSID Name etc....now at present this is the only glitch i have found and i'm hoping
someone has some insight as to why this is happening as other buttons like connect to broadband etc... seem
to work and refresh the page (although my service isn't active yet) on the interface.
now i know the easiest answer is to change browsers and this does allow me to login
but i don't see the point in doing this in a browser i don't use on a daily basis.
i'd understand if the interface didn't work at all,but it only seems to be this minor issue.
Any Idea's or workarounds would be appreciated.
Kind Regards
PhantomR
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Router 2704n - Latest Firmware

have you tried the expert user login http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html
PhantomR
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Router 2704n - Latest Firmware

Hiya Oldjim,
I Have seen this link floating around the forum posts before posting my query,but to be fair i hadn't tried it at all seeing as
i couldn't login the normal way first as any other links or tab sections just presented me with the normal login screen...but i
will try the expert user link shortly and let you know.
Thanks for the swift reply,  Smiley
PhantomR.
UPDATE :- It Still Takes me to the normal login screen to enter the router password,however upon hitting login several times nothing happens at all Huh