cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Profile Woes

oldgeezer
Grafter

Plusnet Profile Woes

How much longer are Plusnet going to persist with the ridiculous separate profile.
Since I sorted out a decent router (Billion 7800N) my sync stops up for months at a time at above 8000 Kb/s. This is for an attenuation of around  46 dB.
However when it does disconnect (always in the early hours) it reconnects at a much lower rate and the Plusnet profile seems to instantly plummet.
I then have to wait several days (if I'm lucky) for it to return.
If other ISP's can just use BT's profile, then why can't Plusnet.
It's just one more reason to jump ship when my present contract ends.
I know that Plusnet make a big play on the local support but how often have I had to ring India about my phone line. I can't remember the last time.
If PN do eventually bring in the penalty charge for not having phone with them I shall be off like a shot.
Oldgeezer
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Profile Woes

Hi oldgeezer,
Sorry to hear about this issue. I've just been looking at your account and from what I can see our speed profile has been matching that set by BT so our profiling isn't the issue here.
Line tests currently show me a sync speed of 8000kbps exactly as you've mentioned, however I can see that a 6000kbps (as opposed to the regular 7000kbps) was in place for a short while between two resyncs today, so it would appear that something may have caused the synch speed to be lower at the time of the first resync this morning. Beyond that no obvious issues are showing.
Prior to this when did you last notice the issue as that's the only instance we can see where that's happened?

Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
oldgeezer
Grafter

The PN profile has reset as you say but the maximum download speed using various testers remains at around 5600 Kb/s instead of the 6800 Kb/s I can usually achieve when my IP profile is 7 or 7.1.
It's as if the profile hasn't moved.
Oldgeezer
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Try a disconnect/reconnect of the PPP session (not a router reboot or dropping the synchronisation).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
oldgeezer
Grafter

Thanks for that Jelv, it seems to have done the trick.
I'll remember that for next time, although I haven't had to do it before.
Oldgeezer.