cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Pro?

ak1200

Re: Plusnet Pro?

Hey hello everyone  ! First post here just like to thank all at plusnet for doing a good job ,am very happy with the service that was recommended to me from my dad haha lol  :D.
Ok ive only been with the plusnet unlimited package for 3 months i was happy enough however the reduced line speed i get during daytime mostly at weekends was an annoyance so i one drunkin night upgraded to the pro.
The uncapped line speeds looked very tempting so ive been told me pro will activate next week only problem is i think ive shot myself in foot and need to downgrade again ,after checking my usage for peak i average around 15gb per week!!.
Am i able to test out Pro an later downgrade if am paying through the roof for extra gigs??? Thanks
Be3G
Grafter

You certainly can; moving from Pro back to Unlimited is classed as an upgrade so no change would be necessary to your contract.
ak1200

Phew ! Thats a relief ,ill have to just try it out & see how i get on.
Am happy to schedule my downloads at night just cant think why i use so much peak time, i work mon-fri 9-6  and week ends ive got to time downloads for night as my speeds were crippled ?
ak1200

Thanks for the reply Be3g, am wondering will my dl,s be any quicker at night for me on pro ,ive read some interesting topics here about gold silver and bronze gradings on line speeds ,is the off-peak at a higher grade than the unlimited off peak if you no what i mean ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's no difference as far as prioritisation goes - everything's prioritised on pro at all times. The only difference is any bandwidth used in the off peak hours doesn't count towards your allowance.
The official table is here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml#prospeeds Smiley
ak1200

Thats the table that has lured me to the Pro package  Smiley , looks very good indeed just worried as am probally gonna go over agreed amount of allownace, is it possible to pay more each month for a higher amount say 29.99 for 30gb or am i pushing my luck  Cool
Be3G
Grafter

it is, but at the rate of £2.00 per 2GB or part thereof - so for £30 you'd only get 25GB.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: jelv
What you need to do to request up to 8MB speeds is go to http://www.plus.net/wizard/?helpheader=helpassistant Select My Broadband Connection, 'Up to 8Mb' upgrades & LLU opt out, Upgrade now to 'Up to 8Mb'.

Doesn't the LLU information in the help pages need updating?
Migration hasn't been the case for some time, and what with people being moved back to IPStream, then this will be redundant soon.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Drat - I thought that as well and meant to raise a separate topic Product Ideas and Suggestions but then forgot!
Now done: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78134.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
martinanderson
Dabbler

I'd just like to thank the staff on these forums for upgrading my account ahead of schedule. I've been away from home for the last few days and so I wasn't able to respond. Once again, thank you, it is very much appreciated  Smiley