cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Pro Usage Questions [new customer]

Rendo

Plusnet Pro Usage Questions [new customer]

Greetings,
I've been a Plusnet Pro customer for about two weeks now after being stuck in a horrible Sky/BT connect package. The improvement of stability, speeds, and latency is amazing and having the same internet during 7pm I have at 3am is great.
Today I checked my usage and was amazed at how much was already used (12/20gigs), and I've been out of town for five days. For example, last night from about 10pm to midnight, I somehow used almost 3 gigs watching two episodes of lost via a low quality stream, playing WoW, and a bit of surfing the web. This seems to be a bit inflated. Also, when I check my internet activities, it says I've used 60% of my usage using broadband phones. I do have a Vonage phone with a stateside number (I'm American), but it's hardly been used. Could there be a mistake or am I missing something? In the four years I had Sky, only once did I even come close to hitting the 40 gig limit I had. Besides the occasional PC game via steam, I pretty much do no downloading. Thanks for the assistance!  Smiley
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Pro Usage Questions [new customer]

Did Sky count uploads?
You might want to look at Extra with the Pro add-on announced today which gives you 60GB for £22.99 on Market 1 (cheaper on Market 2 and 3).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Rendo

Quote from: jelv
Did Sky count uploads?

Honestly not sure about uploads. Sky is who I paid for the internet, but BT controlled it.
Quote from: jelv
You might want to look at Extra with the Pro add-on announced today which gives you 60GB for £22.99 on Market 1 (cheaper on Market 2 and 3).

Awesome! First I have heard, will definitely upgrade. Thanks for the info!
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

While BT (Wholesale) supplied your ADSL connection, Sky did the speed limiting (traffic management) via their systems. Just like BTW supply all of Plusnets broadband connections but Plusnet traffic manage the connection.