cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premium trf 17 Dec - now no internet at all

kwack
Grafter

Plusnet Premium trf 17 Dec - now no internet at all

I transferred over to the Premium service apparently on 17 Dec. Also as part of this I was asked to request a MAC code from Tiscali which has been resolved as Plus.net switched servers over to BT ones
Now since yesterday I have had no internet at all despite rebooting router, pc etc.
Any ideas when I am likely to get service back or shoudl I raise a support ticket
Thanks
kwack
16 REPLIES 16
kwack
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Premium trf 17 Dec - now no internet at all

Support ticket raised. No fault found apparently but I have a nice dial up number to use a non-existent dial up modem that I dotn have.
Thanks
Kwack
PS: Why has there been so many issues when people have been migrated over to a new service - also how can I  check what my service is i.e adsl2 or whatever it is.
Sorry another question - what about updated firmware for my router? any need
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm looking at your fault ticket now, regarding the router, what model is it?
Mand
Grafter

It looks like the move to 21CN failed, so we're testing this as a standard fault, one of our agents tried to call you but you were unavailable, so he'll call back later this evening.
kwack
Grafter

router is speedtouch 585v6. No joy yet and no calls despite promises of calls 2 update. This is such a pain typing from a mobile. Any idea what is going on with this as i have no idea from the support ticket
kwack
Grafter

Update: Need to unplug all my phones again and test that this is not causing an issue. Failing that then a BT engineer needs to come out. I cant understand why this was working perfectly up until I trf over to Premium and then it doesnt work.
Surely this doesnt require a engineer to come to my property to tell me that my line is fine!!
scootie
Grafter

the switch over to adsl2+ needs your line jumpering over to the msan (multi service acess node) at the exchange and from what the staff have said the seems to have bein a problem with this switch over. it dosent sound as thoe its a setup up problem at your end
kwack
Grafter

Maybe someone from plus.net could answer this as it does appear that you get conflicting discussions and responses from plus.net forum staff and those answering the support tickets!!!!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Rami will be looking at your fault shortly. It does seem like an exchange issue, but appears to be testing as no fault found at the moment.
kwack
Grafter

bt engineer booked 4 tom hopefully be fixed and can get internet back . Will i get refund 4 lost days service?
Mand
Grafter

I'm sure we can sort that out once the fault is fixed.
kwack
Grafter

I seriously hope so as the BT engineer has visited my house, changed the master socket as a precaution which was working anyway and did some work at the exchange.
He has advised that the problem is at Plus.net end.
Nopw I hope thaty this can be resolved finally and a refund given for lost days useage.
Can someone please call me as I am waiting for an update from Plus.net as to what tests should be done next
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

Looking forward to hearing a positive resolution, I lost my connection on the 18th, and qam getting no sensible answer out of them.
Awful, awful, awful
Mand
Grafter

@kwack, looks like your speeds are steadily increasing (you're on a 2500 profile now).
@grahampsmith1972, I've got someone looking at your fault now.
grahampsmith197
Dabbler

Well a bit of activity after this, got a message on Tuesday to say diagnostics may take 48-72 hours (why that long, when I had been off for over a week I have no idea), 72 hours came and went
I am now FIFTEEN days without internet connection - this is ABSURD (I may write to my MP)