Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet, Mozilla Thunderbird and SMTP relay.plus.net

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Plusnet, Mozilla Thunderbird and SMTP relay.plus.net

I have more than one mail box with Plusnet that are set up with separate in boxes in Thunderbird. Thunderbird gives its instructions how to set up separate SMTP servers for each account, so that reply emails posted by me will be sent from the one the original message was received by, and not the principal account, unless I alter the sender details.
However, is it possible to have anything other than relay.plus.net, similar to the pop settings x+y  mail plus net?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet, Mozilla Thunderbird and SMTP relay.plus.net

You will only be able to send email via us through relay.plus.net
I think what you actually mean is that you want to change the reply-to address?
You should be able to change this in the account settings: tools/account settings/account name/reply to address
Luzern
Hero

Thanks Janeseh for your mind reading skills Smiley As it doesn't produce anything my end no worries, but I an curious why a Rely to line appears in "To, CC, BCC" panel as well as the address of the intended recipient.
My knowledge is minute but I'm a nosey  Crazy old git.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
James
Grafter

Don't worry too much about that bit.
The top line should always be the "reply-to" which you can manually change should you want to.
In the subsequent lines, you can then elect to direct reply or CC/BBC other email addresses.
Luzern
Hero

Once again thanks.