cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Line Rate and interleaving

interstella

Plusnet Line Rate and interleaving

After a week of phone line problems (and hence really poor synch/low speeds), BT put in a new master socket and replaced wiring up to the pole, all fine again now. Done BT speed test and BT IP Profile has gone back up from 250 to 6500 (synch at 7616, same as last few years) but Plusnet line speed still shows 250.
1) Is it possible for someone to change the Plusnet line speed back up to 6500 to match the BT IP profile?
2) Interleaving was put on to try and help me during last week - from my router stats below, could anyone technical advise if it would be ok/advisable to switch it off again? I don't game but do skype a lot...
  DSL Status
  Upstream Rate (Kbps) 448
  Downstream Rate (Kbps) 7616
  US Margin 24
  DS Margin 15
  Modulation  MMODE
  LOS Errors 0
  DS Line Attenuation 13
  US Line Attenuation 14
  Path Mode Interleaved
Many thanks, Roy
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet Line Rate and interleaving

1) Is it possible for someone to change the Plusnet line speed back up to 6500 to match the BT IP profile?

It should automatically catch up with the BT profile, might take up to 12 hrs though.
2) Interleaving was put on to try and help me during last week - from my router stats below, could anyone technical advise if it would be ok/advisable to switch it off again? I don't game but do skype a lot...

With those stats you ought to be fine with interleaving off. It would be useful just to check the current error counts though just to make sure they are not too high.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I've upped your profile our side to 6500. A quick reboot will sort it for you, assuming you maintain your current sync of course. Wink
interstella

MisterW - thanks for looking at stats, will check for a few days and if still no errors I'll switch interleaving off.
Mand - many thanks for bumping up the line rate! Rebooted router and download speed about 6 meg again 🙂