Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IP Profile updating

Menruna
Dabbler

Plusnet IP Profile updating

Hiya all,
When is it that the Plusnet IP profile is meant to update to match the BTW IP profile? I'm aware it should be twice a day, so is that at set times or is it not as clear cut as that?
Cheers!
Iain
6 REPLIES 6
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet IP Profile updating

It may take a few days for the BTW profile to arrive at Plusnet, a length of time comparable to writing a letter on a piece of paper and sending it through the post.
A more recent twist is that if or when the Plusnet profile updates, your PPP session might not be automatically disconnected and reconnected, so your speed won't change until after you manually disconnect and reconnect, or something else causes a reconnect. Also, I don't know if it is still the case that the profile can go down much quicker and more reliably than it can go up.
Menruna
Dabbler

Cheers ejs. I know about needing to disconnect and reconnect the PPP session to get the updated profile but I hope it's a lot faster than a few days for Plusnet to update to match!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Menruna,
It looks that's sorted for you?
Menruna
Dabbler

Certainly is Chris, many thanks.
Should there be regularity to when the Plusnet side updates?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The profile script runs on our side 5 times a day at the moment. So once we've received the report it should update the same day.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Menruna
Dabbler

Can I get one last bump from you guys before you leave tonight? Smiley
Line finally reset and finally stable as of this morning!