cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IP Profile Stuck, and other assorted tales.

DirectFS
Grafter

Plusnet IP Profile Stuck, and other assorted tales.

Hi
First off, after discussion on Think Broadband tonight, I have arrived at the conclusion my IP Profile, or at least Plusnet's copy of it is stuck.  I have two open questions on the support system that nobody seems interested in answering (to be fair one was this evening, but the other is eight days old!).
Bt Speedtester and TBB are both indicating a profile in excess of 6Mb, yet I am achieving throughput of around 1.7Mb.  Not good.  This since a move from the old fixed product to Max just over a week ago.  There are other issues raised in my questions - to which I hope seriously to obtain a reply.  They're off topic for this post, but concern bandwidth/cost.
Frogshouse
DirectFs.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Plusnet IP Profile Stuck, and other assorted tales.

Welcome to OUR forum.
check what PN think your profile is here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed, report it back, usually it gets picked up by a PN Rep, probably not till Monday though, and action is fairly swift if it is incorrect
The bandwidth/cost problem is probably better in the community support thread, air it there and it will get answered today
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I saw your post over at TBB and you won't be surprised to find that this a surprisingly frequent problem when moving from a fixed speed connection. For some reason the automatic BT systems forget to tell anyone that they have changed the IP profile because as far as the updating system is concerned the first and only profile is 7150 even though it used to be 2000
If you post the relevant ticket number it will help to track it
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: pierre_pierre

check what PN think your profile is here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed,

I presume the figure shown as 'current line speed' is PN's idea of your IP Profile?   
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes it is but should follow the BT one within 24 hours, need intervention when stuck
DirectFS
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to OUR forum.
check what PN think your profile is here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed, report it back, usually it gets picked up by a PN Rep, probably not till Monday though, and action is fairly swift if it is incorrect
The bandwidth/cost problem is probably better in the community support thread, air it there and it will get answered today

Hi - I have tried that page several times, and it only ever tells me that it is 2000, and that no estimate is possible as sevice on prior to introduction of estimates.  I've been with PN over five years now, but was always on a 2Mb fixed product, for a reason I really cannot tell, until a week ago.  The exchange has had max since 2006.
And regarding the bandwidth, will do.  It was more a case of highlighting that what started as one "issue" quickly mountained into several.
I'm sure they will all get resolved, though just noticed both my support questions are still sitting there unanswered......;
Bill.
James
Grafter

Hi Bill,
I believe that this has been picked up for you now - hopeful now things have improved?