cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hubone default route 172.16.12.xx

sbharaj

Plusnet Hubone default route 172.16.12.xx

Plusnet Hubone has picked up a default route of 172.16.12.81 which is unrouteable.

I cannot ping it or traceroute to it. So my connection speeds are just abysmal.

I have trying rebooting the Hubone severval times now with noluck, it looks like the authetication is sucessful; according the logs on the Hubone.

Any ideas?, i have this probelm for a while now and I cannot see how to resolve it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Plusnet Hubone default route 172.16.12.xx

@sbharaj  Welcome to the forum.

Rather than tell us your perceived cause of your problem it would be far more helpful if you started again by explaining:

What your problem is exactly, include actual speeds and estimated speeds.

Confirming whether you are on ADSL or Fibre.

Confirming that you are testing using a computer connected to your hub using an Ethernet cable, not wireless.

Which hub you have.

What testing you have done like:

Have you done a quiet line test by ringing 17070 and selecting option 2?

Have you taken the faceplate off your BT Master socket and tested using the internal Test socket?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi @sbharaj 

I think you will find that all Plus Net assigned default gateways are not set up to respond to ping requests, I know mine are not, so this is not likely be the your problem.

To find out what you current line is speed log into your Hub One view >Troubleshooting >Helpdesk, post the results here redact your Broadband username from line 12. The Helpdesk page can help determining your problem.

When you are testing are you using WiFi or a wired connection as WiFi speed test are known to be unreliable.

Hopefully a Plus Net staff member will pick this post up.

Dan.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sbharaj,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've tested your line this afternoon and I haven't been able to locate any faults with the service, with everything appearing to run as expected, minus a couple of router reboots in the last few days. From what I gather, your main issue seems to be with the speeds you're receiving - please could you post a screenshot from a speed test ran over an Ethernet connected device?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team